X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Heroes

OK so apparently 10's of millions of people are watching this show besides me. Someone on this forum must be too! :lol: I'm LOVING the show, great writing/acting/execution etc. Highly recommend it :yesnod:

Anyone have thoughts on who the cheerleader's dad is working for?!
    Jason
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I just finished watching the first episode on our PVR - well almost all of it. The PVR goofed or something happened to cut the last couple of minutes! What happened to the brother that was on the ledge on top of the building? The last thing I saw was when his cel phone hit the pavement and shattered.

Was there anything else, too?

Help Jason, help!

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• WillyD
      • Feb 2006

I am watching it too. Fantastic show.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by David Meek
        I just finished watching the first episode on our PVR - well almost all of it. The PVR goofed or something happened to cut the last couple of minutes! What happened to the brother that was on the ledge on top of the building? The last thing I saw was when his cel phone hit the pavement and shattered.

Was there anything else, too?

Help Jason, help!
        It clear it up more in the next episode David, you'll just have to watch :B
        Jason

Comment

• Sithlord
          • Aug 2004

I was going to start a thread on this show as it is now my favourite right next to Lost. I love the fact that it's dark as well as having really interesting characters. The powers of each hero are just excellent and Hiro is just one cool guy. I just finished watching episode 5 and cannot wait for the next one. This show definalty has me hooked. Check it out if you haven't already.

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Okay, now I'm REALLY bummed. I've got episodes 1, 3, 4 and 5 on the PVR but not number 2! If I can't find it to record again in the next few days, I'm going to have to ask for a primer.

Yeah, Hiro is fun. Hehe, folding the continuum.

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

David,

The Sci-fi network runs repeats of the show. You maybe able to catch it there.
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                • May 2003

dave, you might have a problem finding Ep2.
                I think that's the one where claire puts her hand in the garbage disposal and gets a little bit mangled. I read somewhere that the makers of the garbage disposal are trying to sue the show. funny stuff.
                Clair gets mangled
                "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
                -Dark Helmet

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Hmmm, I saw that part but thought it was in episode one. Maybe I missed episode one, instead?

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

David, you can also watch them off NBC.com

Heroes - Watch every episode on NBC.com and the NBC App. Milo Ventimiglia stars in the sci-fi drama about people with extraordinary abilities.
                    Jason

Comment

• Foxman
                      • Jan 2003

Ok after watching Ep 5 & 6.

Is there anyone on earth who doesnt have super powers?

I like the show and am ok with it's pace, but good googly moogly, how many people need to be a hero to save the Cheerleader. Also, I was amused at the use of the sound effects that they used in Terminator 2 when they showed Clair's dad. It's almost like they are trying to confuse the audience in some ways that he is a good guy and then they play the bad guy sound effects. I don't see him being a good guy at all, although I am curious what he is doing.

I don't see how the girl was able to go kill the poker players. My initial thought was that Hiro came back from the future and fixed something that went wrong, but then my wife pointed out that the gamblers said something about "whats that lady doing here" or something to that effect.

Anyway, too many characters and too many special power people, but I will hang on for the ride.

Also one last complaint, why did the show go past the hour, my last two showes were cut off at the end on my DVR.
                      IMO

My Movies
                      Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

Great show! I don't even really watch tv shows (just specials and movies), but lately I've been hooked to Hereos and Nip Tuck. Everyone's role in Heroes is coming into play, but I don't really understand the point of the psycho white chick. She just seems completely on her own storyline. Great stuff though!
                        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• KeithM
                          • Oct 2005

I'm convinced that I need to start watching this show, but my brother says I'd be lost if I started watching right now. Can anyone fill me in (or a website) on what's happened so far?

Comment

• aud19
                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2003

Kieth

Originally posted by aud19
                            David, you can also watch them off NBC.com

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/
                            Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Yeah, I tried to watch the last 2 episodes, and couldn't follow.
                              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                              - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2003

You guys could always wait for the DVD's :lol:
                                Jason

Comment

• audioqueso
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Nov 2004

Sci-Fi channel has been encoring all the shows in a row for the past couple of nights. Check out Sci-Fi channel schedule for the next showing of all the Heroes.

Comment

• David Meek
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2000

Oh, I know. I caught Ep 2 half-way through. Now I'm waiting on the series to re-cycle.

Comment

• Pez
                                      • May 2004

I thought this show was going to be some type of X-Men rip off with lame writing/acting/special effect but still decided to gave it a chance. Am very glad I did as it is one of my favorite new shows. It is very well done and all of my preconceived notions were way off.

I have a question about the episode where we are supposed to learn what "save the cheerleader save the world" means. I didnt see anything that has any relation to how saving her saved the world. It could be that later on she will do something saving the world but NBC billed it as we are going to learn the meaning of the pharse. Did I miss something?

Comment

• aud19
                                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Pez
                                        It could be that later on she will do something saving the world but NBC billed it as we are going to learn the meaning of the pharse. Did I miss something?
                                        That's what I'm guessing to..... :huh: They sure seem to string us along :lol:
                                        Jason

Comment

• Foxman
                                          • Jan 2003

Whats up with all the "last new episode until after the 1st of the year" stuff, why have networks started to do this? It's as if the season is at a mid point and they take a break.
                                          IMO

My Movies
                                          Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Pez
                                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Foxman
                                            Whats up with all the "last new episode until after the 1st of the year" stuff, why have networks started to do this? It's as if the season is at a mid point and they take a break.
                                            I have noticed this trend the last few years, seems to start around Thanksgiving. My guess is that they take a break during the holiday time as people are visiting families, xmas shopping, attending holiday parties, etc and are not home as much. I guess if shows are going to break this time and the summer seems most logical. After all, seasons are only 20+ episodes so they need to break at some point.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Pez
                                              I have a question about the episode where we are supposed to learn what "save the cheerleader save the world" means. I didnt see anything that has any relation to how saving her saved the world. It could be that later on she will do something saving the world but NBC billed it as we are going to learn the meaning of the pharse. Did I miss something?

Oh oh... can I speculate?? lol
                                              She's the only one that can recover fast. I'm willing to bet that the bomb that is foreseens in NYC is actually from the radioactive guy (probably from being TOO emotional or something). And she will be the only one to be able to get close to the radiation guy before he gets too hot to blow the city.

If I'm right... I'm good! :B

Only problem with that plot is that it would be a straight rip off from X-Men 3 final scene. lol

Comment

• aud19
                                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Aug 2003

If you watched the last episode it looks like that's not the case anyway :B
                                                Last edited by aud19; 06 December 2006, 16:32 Wednesday.
                                                Jason

Comment

• Foxman
                                                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                                  Oh oh... can I speculate?? lol
                                                  She's the only one that can recover fast. I'm willing to bet that the bomb that is foreseens in NYC is actually from the radioactive guy (probably from being TOO emotional or something). And she will be the only one to be able to get close to the radiation guy before he gets too hot to blow the city.
                                                  I added a spoiler tag to what you posted since some might not have seen the episode yet....I would suggest doing the same.

To your point about what the end suggested, perhaps the radiation guy and Peter are near each other making the explosion that much bigger. That would explain why everyone is running from Peter in fear with exception of Clair. Perhaps Clair saves the world by healing Peter????

I am enjoying it, I just hate the break.
                                                  IMO

My Movies
                                                  Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Nov 2004

Just asking... why would that be a spoiler if they showed it on the 1st episode? It's just speculation.

Comment

• Foxman
                                                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                                      Just asking... why would that be a spoiler if they showed it on the 1st episode? It's just speculation.
                                                      I didnt realize the specific situation was revieled in the 1st episode. I must have forgotten. I know many people had a general idea, but I wasnt aware of certain things until this last episode, such as the hatian that can now talk and appears to have a secret. also Peter being the one blowing up...aparently

anyway, I am sure it isnt a big deal.
                                                      IMO

My Movies
                                                      Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Sarahbee
                                                        • Jun 2005

When does Heroes have new episodes again, does anyone know? They are showing several eps on MOndays now (I guess to catch up new viewers) and its totally making me miss it.
                                                        "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Foxman
                                                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Sarahbee
                                                          When does Heroes have new episodes again, does anyone know? They are showing several eps on MOndays now (I guess to catch up new viewers) and its totally making me miss it.
                                                          1/22/07.

Also coming soon is : Heroes: Season Summary (2006)

This exclusive season-to-date recap of the hit NBC drama "Heroes" -- which follows a group of ordinary people who discover they have extraordinary abilities -- might help you answer any lingering questions before the show's return to the airwaves on Jan. 22. Can a young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia) really fly? Is an artist (Santiago Cabrera) truly painting the future? And what force is working to unite them with gifted people from all over the world? The pilot episode of NBC's "The Black Donnellys" is also included.
                                                          Releases on DVD Jan 09, 2007

:T
                                                          IMO

My Movies
                                                          Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• aud19
                                                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Aug 2003

Back on tomnorrow! :banana:
                                                            Jason

Comment

• David Meek
                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Aug 2000

Sheesh. I've still got 6 episodes on the DVR to get through from last season! 8O

Comment

• aud19
                                                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by David Meek
                                                                Sheesh. I've still got 6 episodes on the DVR to get through from last season! 8O
                                                                Sounds like you better get watching...time to go in to couch potato mode : :lol:
                                                                Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                                                                  Office Moderator
                                                                  • Aug 2000

I really like this show as it always seems to end too soon.

A new person with a power.

Nuclear boy doing some of his own testing.

Hiro is well, Hiro!

I'm kinda wondering what is happenning with the polictical race? I mean when you are in those kinds of things you tend to be living in it 24/7. I know we only see glimpses of time, but it seems his political career is on hold.

Has anybody checked out the NBC.com feed? I read that there is some kind of commentary with the episode.
                                                                  Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• aud19
                                                                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Aug 2003

Yeah it was a another good episode :T I agree always seems to end too soon!
                                                                    Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                                      • Dec 2000

My problem is that due to work, I'm able to catch episodes here and there, but not every single week. So I feel like I'm watching a decent show, but don't know what's really going on.

Perhaps I'll just rent the show when it comes out on DVD.
                                                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• P-Dub
                                                                        Office Moderator
                                                                        • Aug 2000

Well the recap DVD should be out and you can catchup via the web.

I took a quick look and it really looks like there is a lot of extra materials to supplement the TV show on the show site.
                                                                        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• DSGCobra
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2003

Any idea how old the indestructible cheerleader is in real life. <wondering if I really am a pervert> I'm 31.

Comment

• aud19
                                                                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                            • Aug 2003
                                                                            • 16706

:rofl:

Looked it up for you :lol:

I'm sure she has and will continue to break many hearts :lol:

Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                                              • Dec 2000
                                                                              • 16877

#39
                                                                              Yowzas.
                                                                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• DSGCobra
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Feb 2003
                                                                                • 224

#40
                                                                                good god 17. I guess I am a dirty relatively old man. 8O

Comment

• aud19
                                                                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                  • Aug 2003
                                                                                  • 16706

#41
                                                                                  Well she's almost 18 :lol:
                                                                                  Jason

Comment

• Foxman
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2003
                                                                                    • 434

#42
                                                                                    Thank the good lord we only have boys. If I had a daughter, especially as one as pretty as this young lady, I would never sleep at night.
                                                                                    IMO

My Movies
                                                                                    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• DSGCobra
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Feb 2003
                                                                                      • 224

#43
                                                                                      she was in Remember the Titans. get me away from this thread. I really thought she was in her 20's. how often is a high school girl played by someone who actually is in high school.

Comment

• David Meek
                                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Aug 2000
                                                                                        • 8938

#44
                                                                                        Woof. 8O 8O 8O
                                                                                        .

Comment

• GregoriusM
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Oct 2000
                                                                                          • 2755

#45
                                                                                          dirty old man post

:slurp:
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          Gregor

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          😀
                                                                                          😂
                                                                                          🥰
                                                                                          😘
                                                                                          🤢
                                                                                          😎
                                                                                          😞
                                                                                          😡
                                                                                          👍
                                                                                          👎
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"