PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

aud19
10-24-2006, 01:52 PM
OK so apparently 10's of millions of people are watching this show besides me. Someone on this forum must be too! :lol: I'm LOVING the show, great writing/acting/execution etc. Highly recommend it :yesnod:

Anyone have thoughts on who the cheerleader's dad is working for?!

David Meek
10-25-2006, 01:23 AM
I just finished watching the first episode on our PVR - well almost all of it. The PVR goofed or something happened to cut the last couple of minutes! What happened to the brother that was on the ledge on top of the building? The last thing I saw was when his cel phone hit the pavement and shattered.

Was there anything else, too?

Help Jason, help! :D

WillyD
10-25-2006, 02:06 AM
I am watching it too. Fantastic show.

aud19
10-25-2006, 02:24 PM
I just finished watching the first episode on our PVR - well almost all of it. The PVR goofed or something happened to cut the last couple of minutes! What happened to the brother that was on the ledge on top of the building? The last thing I saw was when his cel phone hit the pavement and shattered.

Was there anything else, too?

Help Jason, help! :D

It clear it up more in the next episode David, you'll just have to watch :B

Sithlord
10-26-2006, 06:34 AM
I was going to start a thread on this show as it is now my favourite right next to Lost. I love the fact that it's dark as well as having really interesting characters. The powers of each hero are just excellent and Hiro is just one cool guy. I just finished watching episode 5 and cannot wait for the next one. This show definalty has me hooked. Check it out if you haven't already.

David Meek
10-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Okay, now I'm REALLY bummed. I've got episodes 1, 3, 4 and 5 on the PVR but not number 2! If I can't find it to record again in the next few days, I'm going to have to ask for a primer.

Yeah, Hiro is fun. Hehe, folding the continuum. :D

John Holmes
10-27-2006, 12:01 AM
David,

The Sci-fi network runs repeats of the show. You maybe able to catch it there.

Leef DaLucky
10-29-2006, 01:34 PM
dave, you might have a problem finding Ep2.
I think that's the one where claire puts her hand in the garbage disposal and gets a little bit mangled. I read somewhere that the makers of the garbage disposal are trying to sue the show. funny stuff.
Clair gets mangled (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9olEPqKFLI)

David Meek
10-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Hmmm, I saw that part but thought it was in episode one. Maybe I missed episode one, instead?

aud19
10-30-2006, 12:13 PM
David, you can also watch them off NBC.com ;)

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

Foxman
11-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Ok after watching Ep 5 & 6.

Is there anyone on earth who doesnt have super powers?

I like the show and am ok with it's pace, but good googly moogly, how many people need to be a hero to save the Cheerleader. Also, I was amused at the use of the sound effects that they used in Terminator 2 when they showed Clair's dad. It's almost like they are trying to confuse the audience in some ways that he is a good guy and then they play the bad guy sound effects. I don't see him being a good guy at all, although I am curious what he is doing.

I don't see how the girl was able to go kill the poker players. My initial thought was that Hiro came back from the future and fixed something that went wrong, but then my wife pointed out that the gamblers said something about "whats that lady doing here" or something to that effect.

Anyway, too many characters and too many special power people, but I will hang on for the ride.

Also one last complaint, why did the show go past the hour, my last two showes were cut off at the end on my DVR.

audioqueso
11-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Great show! I don't even really watch tv shows (just specials and movies), but lately I've been hooked to Hereos and Nip Tuck. Everyone's role in Heroes is coming into play, but I don't really understand the point of the psycho white chick. She just seems completely on her own storyline. Great stuff though!

KeithM
11-25-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm convinced that I need to start watching this show, but my brother says I'd be lost if I started watching right now. Can anyone fill me in (or a website) on what's happened so far?

aud19
11-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Kieth ;)

David, you can also watch them off NBC.com ;)

Chris D
11-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I tried to watch the last 2 episodes, and couldn't follow.

aud19
11-26-2006, 02:35 PM
You guys could always wait for the DVD's :lol:

audioqueso
11-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Sci-Fi channel has been encoring all the shows in a row for the past couple of nights. Check out Sci-Fi channel schedule for the next showing of all the Heroes.

David Meek
12-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh, I know. I caught Ep 2 half-way through. :D Now I'm waiting on the series to re-cycle.

Pez
12-03-2006, 10:10 PM
I thought this show was going to be some type of X-Men rip off with lame writing/acting/special effect but still decided to gave it a chance. Am very glad I did as it is one of my favorite new shows. It is very well done and all of my preconceived notions were way off.

I have a question about the episode where we are supposed to learn what "save the cheerleader save the world" means. I didnt see anything that has any relation to how saving her saved the world. It could be that later on she will do something saving the world but NBC billed it as we are going to learn the meaning of the pharse. Did I miss something?

aud19
12-04-2006, 01:18 PM
It could be that later on she will do something saving the world but NBC billed it as we are going to learn the meaning of the pharse. Did I miss something?

That's what I'm guessing to..... :huh: They sure seem to string us along :lol:

Foxman
12-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Whats up with all the "last new episode until after the 1st of the year" stuff, why have networks started to do this? It's as if the season is at a mid point and they take a break.

Pez
12-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Whats up with all the "last new episode until after the 1st of the year" stuff, why have networks started to do this? It's as if the season is at a mid point and they take a break.

I have noticed this trend the last few years, seems to start around Thanksgiving. My guess is that they take a break during the holiday time as people are visiting families, xmas shopping, attending holiday parties, etc and are not home as much. I guess if shows are going to break this time and the summer seems most logical. After all, seasons are only 20+ episodes so they need to break at some point.

audioqueso
12-06-2006, 07:07 AM
I have a question about the episode where we are supposed to learn what "save the cheerleader save the world" means. I didnt see anything that has any relation to how saving her saved the world. It could be that later on she will do something saving the world but NBC billed it as we are going to learn the meaning of the pharse. Did I miss something?

Oh oh... can I speculate?? lol
She's the only one that can recover fast. I'm willing to bet that the bomb that is foreseens in NYC is actually from the radioactive guy (probably from being TOO emotional or something). And she will be the only one to be able to get close to the radiation guy before he gets too hot to blow the city.

If I'm right... I'm good! :B

Only problem with that plot is that it would be a straight rip off from X-Men 3 final scene. lol

aud19
12-06-2006, 01:01 PM
If you watched the last episode it looks like that's not the case anyway :B

Foxman
12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh oh... can I speculate?? lol
She's the only one that can recover fast. I'm willing to bet that the bomb that is foreseens in NYC is actually from the radioactive guy (probably from being TOO emotional or something). And she will be the only one to be able to get close to the radiation guy before he gets too hot to blow the city.

I added a spoiler tag to what you posted since some might not have seen the episode yet....I would suggest doing the same.

To your point about what the end suggested, perhaps the radiation guy and Peter are near each other making the explosion that much bigger. That would explain why everyone is running from Peter in fear with exception of Clair. Perhaps Clair saves the world by healing Peter????

I am enjoying it, I just hate the break. :(

audioqueso
12-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Just asking... why would that be a spoiler if they showed it on the 1st episode? It's just speculation.

Foxman
12-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Just asking... why would that be a spoiler if they showed it on the 1st episode? It's just speculation.

I didnt realize the specific situation was revieled in the 1st episode. I must have forgotten. I know many people had a general idea, but I wasnt aware of certain things until this last episode, such as the hatian that can now talk and appears to have a secret. also Peter being the one blowing up...aparently

anyway, I am sure it isnt a big deal.

Sarahbee
01-03-2007, 04:01 PM
When does Heroes have new episodes again, does anyone know? They are showing several eps on MOndays now (I guess to catch up new viewers) and its totally making me miss it.

Foxman
01-03-2007, 06:24 PM
When does Heroes have new episodes again, does anyone know? They are showing several eps on MOndays now (I guess to catch up new viewers) and its totally making me miss it.

1/22/07.

Also coming soon is : Heroes: Season Summary (2006)
http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/large/70059400.jpg
This exclusive season-to-date recap of the hit NBC drama "Heroes" -- which follows a group of ordinary people who discover they have extraordinary abilities -- might help you answer any lingering questions before the show's return to the airwaves on Jan. 22. Can a young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia) really fly? Is an artist (Santiago Cabrera) truly painting the future? And what force is working to unite them with gifted people from all over the world? The pilot episode of NBC's "The Black Donnellys" is also included.
Releases on DVD Jan 09, 2007

:T

aud19
01-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Back on tomnorrow! :banana:

David Meek
01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Sheesh. I've still got 6 episodes on the DVR to get through from last season! 8O

aud19
01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Sheesh. I've still got 6 episodes on the DVR to get through from last season! 8O

Sounds like you better get watching...time to go in to couch potato mode :p: :lol:

Paul Wu
01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I really like this show as it always seems to end too soon.

A new person with a power.

Nuclear boy doing some of his own testing.

Hiro is well, Hiro!

I'm kinda wondering what is happenning with the polictical race? I mean when you are in those kinds of things you tend to be living in it 24/7. I know we only see glimpses of time, but it seems his political career is on hold.

Has anybody checked out the NBC.com feed? I read that there is some kind of commentary with the episode.

aud19
01-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah it was a another good episode :T I agree always seems to end too soon!

Chris D
01-23-2007, 07:13 PM
My problem is that due to work, I'm able to catch episodes here and there, but not every single week. So I feel like I'm watching a decent show, but don't know what's really going on.

Perhaps I'll just rent the show when it comes out on DVD.

Paul Wu
01-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Well the recap DVD should be out and you can catchup via the web.

I took a quick look and it really looks like there is a lot of extra materials to supplement the TV show on the show site.

DSGCobra
01-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Any idea how old the indestructible cheerleader is in real life. <wondering if I really am a pervert> I'm 31.

aud19
01-23-2007, 08:14 PM
:rofl:

Looked it up for you :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0659363/

I'm sure she has and will continue to break many hearts :lol:

http://www.starrymag.com/uploads/HaydenHeadShot2.jpg

Chris D
01-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Yowzas.

DSGCobra
01-24-2007, 01:28 PM
good god 17. I guess I am a dirty relatively old man. 8O

aud19
01-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Well she's almost 18 :lol:

Foxman
01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Thank the good lord we only have boys. If I had a daughter, especially as one as pretty as this young lady, I would never sleep at night.

DSGCobra
01-24-2007, 08:27 PM
she was in Remember the Titans. get me away from this thread. I really thought she was in her 20's. how often is a high school girl played by someone who actually is in high school.

David Meek
01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Woof. 8O 8O 8O

GregoriusM
01-25-2007, 01:29 AM
dirty old man post

:slurp:

audioqueso
01-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Any idea how old the indestructible cheerleader is in real life. <wondering if I really am a pervert> I'm 31.

Ha ha! I knew she was 17 so I never looked at her like THAT. But... she has the countdown just like Lindsey Lohan did. lol

Chris D
01-26-2007, 05:08 AM
... and what's your count at now, queso? :)

audioqueso
01-26-2007, 06:25 AM
... and what's your count at now, queso? :)

206 days!!! (...till I can call her up.) :B

Lex
01-26-2007, 08:49 AM
ok, so maybe there is one decent show on, so the best actress award may not be going to the Deal or No Deal Models after all. Until now, there's not been much. I never seem to catch Lost's day and time. I try to stay in that show, but admit, it's hard when I watched it.

I saw a preview of Heros last night, I had not heard of this show til now. I became so utterly disinterested in TV due to the overall lack of quality shows, when I sit down, I just about automatically go to HD DVD or BD now.

aud19
01-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Yeah there's been a few new shows worth watching IMO, Lost, Heroes and Studio 60 are likely my current fav's :T Too bad Studio 60's close to being on the chopping block....apparently too cerebral for the Dancing with the Stars masses :roll:

Paul Wu
01-26-2007, 02:16 PM
What, Studio 60's on the block? That's one of my fav new shows. Hey don't knock Dancing with the Stars! I get a kick out of bashing the judges.

So is there a widget for the countdown? :)

aud19
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
So is there a widget for the countdown? :)

:rofl: :rofl: You guys are hilarious :rofl:

Yeah Studio 60 barely squeeked by to getting this spring series of episodes made and played apparently :confused: I'm hoping with the extra time they'll be able to pick up some further audience. Funny, apparently it gets great ratings in Canada but sub-par to mediocre in the US.

Paul Wu
01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Maybe we should start our own Studio 60 thread. I just caught up on the last 2 episodes.

Back to Heros.

An hour just doesn't seem like enough time! The invisible guy seems interesting enough, but still very much a mystery. I think the new hero is the kid. There was a bit of a weird thing with Hiro and Ando hiding as I thought they were already caught.

How is it that Claire can be careful at times and other times is so forgettful! I guess we chalk it up to being a teenager?

Well Daddy looks to be in trouble at the end of the episode.

With so many storylines going, it is hard to fit everything in an hour show.

aud19
01-31-2007, 04:41 PM
An hour just doesn't seem like enough time!
With so many storylines going, it is hard to fit everything in an hour show.

Definitely agree there!!! Every episode seems like it's over just after it started and I'm sitting there wishing there was more....guess that's a good thing ;)

I also thought the thing with them hiding seemed out of sync.... :scratchhead:

Chris D
01-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Well, today in the mail I'm getting the "season 1 so far" DVD from Netflix, so I can get caught up and see what you all are talking about.

Thelonious Funk
01-31-2007, 07:09 PM
I'd like to save that cheerleader.... for later.

For now I'll settle on the woman with two personalities.

She's mighty fine too.

Chris D
02-02-2007, 06:38 AM
http://m.2mdn.net/viewad/1142700/daddy-300x250-vr.jpg

aud19
02-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh dear....:lol:

Chris D
02-02-2007, 11:16 PM
And the answer is? .....

:)

audioqueso
02-04-2007, 05:00 PM
The answer is... 197 days. :B :B :B

http://m.2mdn.net/viewad/1142700/daddy-300x250-vr.jpg

Chris D
02-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I watched that "Heroes, the Season So Far" recap DVD last night. Can't believe I wasted an entire rental from Netflix just for the 5 minutes or whatever was on that disc. All it did was talk about each character and what their ability is. I didn't really learn that much from it, but yes, the show does look good and I'll be watching it tonight.

Instead of having lots of footage from the Heroes show, instead it included the pilot episode for "Black Donningtons", a show apparently coming this spring. What a waste.

Who's your daddy? Huh? Who's your daddy?

aud19
02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I think you can watch the episode's online too if you want to catch up Chris.

Chris D
02-06-2007, 05:47 AM
Thanks, Jason. Although they don't have all of them on the NBC website (missing episodes 2-8 ) I was able to catch up with a lot of it. Enjoyed the episode tonight, and the twist.

Foxman
02-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Well last nights episode provided some interesting things. I wanted to predict Peter Pitrelli as Clairs father because of the way his sleeve was rolled up when they showed the teaser for this week.

Also, it looks like there might be a limit to how many times someone's memory can be replaced.

It is interesting also about Mr. invisible trying to help the other Pitrelli boy.

Anyway, another in what has been a great series.

aud19
02-06-2007, 01:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing re: your first spoiler Foxman ;)

Chris D
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Anybody recognize the actor that plays the politician Petrelli brother? He got his start in a very, very famous movie. (no cheating!)

audioqueso
02-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Anybody recognize the actor that plays the politician Petrelli brother? He got his start in a very, very famous movie. (no cheating!)

Oh yeeeeeaaaahhhhhhh... wow, I would have never rememebred (if I didn't cheat). So I won't give the answer away. :B

aud19
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
I KNOW i know him from somewhere but can't think of it myself....

Paul Wu
02-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes, me too. I think I even saw the movie recently. I thought hey it's that Petrelli boy. Now it's gonna bug me for a bit. Must resist IMDB.

Paul Wu
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM
I still can't think of the movie. It will come to me, I'm sure.

I finally caught up. I missed the preview so I had no idea. But that is a pretty big revelation.

I take it that psychologist is dead. Or will have second thoughts in her career choice.

Okay, explain this to me. You follow the girl to the roof top, but don't stand next to them and listen to the conversation. I thought the conversation put Peter in a good light?

Now why wouldn't Sylar just kill Mr Bennet? I guess he wants to toy with him?

Chris D
02-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Probably needed for the plot, really, to keep the story interesting. I don't think he would have left him alive.

Still can't figure out what his role is. He seems to be a genuinely caring dad at times, like he really is looking out for Claire. (hottie) Don't know who he works for--he seems to be a leader of that organization, but I get the impression he's not the top boss, either.

Chris D
02-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Today's Monday!

aud19
02-13-2007, 01:08 PM
No, yesterday was monday :p:

Not good the Sylar hooking up with the un-suspecting Dr.....

audioqueso
02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm thinking Claire's dad is gonna end up killing the crazy white girl. It seems now that she is more an antagonist, then pro. I think they showed her good side just to create that mystery (is she good, is she bad), but the more they reveal her, the more it looks like she's a bad guy and meant to die.

I just want to see Hiro fight a T-Rex! Yeah!

audioqueso
02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Okay, explain this to me. You follow the girl to the roof top, but don't stand next to them and listen to the conversation. I thought the conversation put Peter in a good light?

Cause Peter is a sap.

aud19
02-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I just want to see Hiro fight a T-Rex! Yeah!

No doubt :rofl: Get the damn sword already! :lol:

Paul Wu
02-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah. I missed a bit when Hiro was hiding on Hope. I'll have to watch my tape. The Sulu remark got a small chuckle from me.

Oh Sylar connecting up with the good Dr is going to be trouble.

DSGCobra
02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I missed it damn central time zone threw me all off. :M

audioqueso
02-13-2007, 08:53 PM
I missed it damn central time zone threw me all off. :M

You can watch past episodes there.

Paul Wu
03-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Well a couple of episodes have passed by.

Initially Sulu/Takei/Nakamura looks to be the conerned Japanese father looking after his empire. But little did we know! Wow.

Peter and Issac having it out, poor Simone. You could have seen that coming, but wait what's with the preview for next week?

So Peter looks to have mastered his powers, and we learn even more about his mentor.

There's a new group trying to figure out what's going on. Isn't that the same girl the recruited Parkman and then we see her in the paper factory? I'm terrible with faces.

Sylar is so up to no good.

aud19
03-01-2007, 02:41 PM
The scen at the end with Clair leaving her father was pretty intense too!!

Paul Wu
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
The question is who does the Hatian work for?

Paul Wu
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Don't miss tonights Heros! I caught the early showing yesterday and it does not dissappoint.

We will find out who the Hatian works for.

Not everybody has superpowers. But it seems like lots of people know about them.

Peter really needs to master his powers some more, but he has a really good handle on them so far.

Of course Sylar is up to no good.

audioqueso
03-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Noooooo... NBC is evil! We have to wait another month+ for the end of the series?! That was a good ending of tonight's episode though! Peter is gonna kick Sylar's ass once he starts to heal and disappears.

Paul Wu
03-06-2007, 01:57 AM
What!?! Wait a month?

Chris D
03-06-2007, 02:47 AM
Yeah, that was a good one tonight. I really need to see the next 5-10 minutes after this show ended.

Did you guys see the Spiderman 3 teaser stuff they showed during "Heroes" tonight? Looks awesome. Supposedly, there's more footage posted on the NBC website for the next 24 hours, too.

aud19
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
A Month!!!!!!!! :E :evil:

Hiro finally got the sword!! :banana: And yes, can't wait to see how Peter gets out of that one! Hopefully Dr. Saresh isn't too badly hurt. Crazy that the grandmother seems to know the Haitian...how much is she behind?!?! So many questions!!!

DSGCobra
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
the grandmother must have some sort of powers too she is the mother of both of the Pitrelli boys.

Foxman
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I LOVE this show......and I hate it.

the waiting part that is. This might have been my favorite episode, it was certainly one of the most enlightening. What was Suresh thinking???? He of all people should know just how powerful Syler is. I was yelling shoot him when he had the gun to his head the first time.

Sithlord
03-07-2007, 05:56 AM
I absolutly love this show. Yes the ending is awesome but having to wait a month is bad form. Peter will survive this dual with the healing ability and maybe this is how he gets the scar that Hiro from the future mentioned. Peter should have heard Sylars thoughts as he can use more than one power at a time eg. during his training he was invisible and he used telekinises. Just nit picking. Also we know that the city will be destroyed as Hiro goes to the future again. I'm looking forward to his encounter with the T-Rex as shown in one of the paintings with him holding the sword. So many great things about this show. ;x(

aud19
03-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I was yelling shoot him when he had the gun to his head the first time.

I was also yelling at Claire's Dad that that wasn't his wife at the end of the episode too :lol:

As for NY exploding...I'd wager that still could change.....?

Paul Wu
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm sure the NY scenery will be changing.

I'm guessing Hiro vs T-Rex is going to be good, but I'm betting it's not the 'real' thing.

I'm thinking Peter should be more powerful than Sylar. He's been in close proximity and therefore should be able to absorb all the powers that Sylar has taken. If Peter has mastered his control, he should be able to take Sylar out quite easily. I'm thinking Sylar will eventually escape this encounter. I think Peter should just go and buy a few comic books and read them and he will then understand how to use his powers for good and stop feeling sory for himself. Or he should talk to Hiro.

The shape shifter took be by surprise with Mr Bennet. It's too bad he didn't clue in.

Oh and the cliche has switched, the good guy does the talking instead of just shooting the bad guy.

mike c
03-08-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm guessing Hiro vs T-Rex is going to be good, but I'm betting it's not the 'real' thing.

wasn't this done already at the museum? Hiro had posed in front of a museum piece dinosaur. (similar to the painting - I doubt they're gonna put it in, unless they read this thread and see how many people want to see it)

audioqueso
03-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Peter will survive this dual with the healing ability and maybe this is how he gets the scar that Hiro from the future mentioned.

Good call. I forgot about that.

I just want somebody to die already. I think it's kind of cheesy that they keep showing commercials like "and guess what happens to... " and nothing really happens.

Sylar should have died already.
Claire's father should have died already.

They keep bring new heros (the computer girl being the cheesiest), but no one dies when they have the chance. People, if you have the chance to die, take it! lol

audioqueso
03-08-2007, 07:25 AM
wasn't this done already at the museum? Hiro had posed in front of a museum piece dinosaur. (similar to the painting - I doubt they're gonna put it in, unless they read this thread and see how many people want to see it)

True, but every painting so far has occurred exactly as it was painted. So who knows.

Chris D
03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Well, Sylar sure has been doing his share of killing. And the painter killed his girlfriend, so there's definite death happening. Just not to the prime Heroes characters.

Paul Wu
04-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Well tonight's the night!

What to watch? Playoff's or Heros!

Well in my case neither! :x I have a meeting from 6-8 and I probably won't get home till 9!

I'll be taping Hero's and hopefully getting some playoff score updates on Vancouver vs Dallas.

Chris D
04-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Definitely Heroes for me. Looking forward to it.

Peter can't really be dead! They're doing a good job of making it seem that way, but something has to be going on.

Pez
04-23-2007, 07:28 PM
I cant wait for tonight - am going to DVR 24 so I can watch Heroes. In the past 24 would have come before anything but Heroes has become my new must see show. This first season has gotten better and better and hope that keeps up till seasons end.

aud19
04-23-2007, 08:13 PM
DVR Heroes and watching it after the game :T

Chris D
04-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Sundays and Mondays have become my two big TV nights. Sunday has Battlestar Galactica, Family Guy, and then Ebert & Roeper. Monday has Heroes and then Jay Leno does "Headlines", which I get a big kick out of. Now Fox is adding "Drive" to the Monday night lineup, too.

aud19
04-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Recorded it last night and will watch it tonight. No time last night as we were busy celebrating :D

GO CANUCKS GO!!! :party:

Chris D
04-24-2007, 09:08 PM
I'd say it was a pretty good episode. To clarify what I got out of the episode, (correct me if you guys got different info)

WARNING, Spoilers!

- The Petrelli's mom (Claire's grandmom) has suggested that she's a Hero too, but we don't know what her power is. At one point she jokes that "she gets pretty hot sometimes", so I wonder if her power is something like that. Claire's real mom already can create fire, though, and so far we haven't seen duplicate powers, other than the two characters who can take other Heroes' powers.

- Did I miss something? Nikki's son, I think his name is Marcus. Did I miss a part where he was identified as some super-being, like a Hero? All of a sudden, he's a big subplot, with Linderman saying he's going to save the world

- I didn't see it coming that Mr. Linderman was going to be a Hero, but I guess that makes sense

- Right before he dies, the painter says that he gets to be a hero and save the day, but I didn't see how he does that. Perhaps he paints a picture telling Hiro in the future how to travel back and save the day?

- I wonder who the Oriental warrior is that confronts Hiro at the end!

audioqueso
04-25-2007, 01:29 AM
It was a different episode. Like they had a different screen writer or something.

The thing I don't like is that everyone and their mothers (literately) has powers now. Chris, if I heard right, Petrelli's mom has the same power as Claire, healing powers.

And yes, in regards to Mica, they showed him use his power twice. The first time was about 4 episodes when he was with his dad, and sneeked out of the hotel to call his mom. His dad caught him, Mica said he was playing, and his dad saw it was a broken phone, so he believed him. Mica had fixed the phone so he could use it. The second time was the ATM bank job he did.

Linderman having powers as well... I wasn't suprised at all. Like I said, everyone now has powers. I kept thinking of the movies The Incredibles when Syndrome says "... and if everyone is special, no one is." lol

The painter said he was already a hero because he aided everyone in stopping Sylar. He already knew he was going to die, so you see earlier in the show that he gave all his paintings to Linderman and that comic guy. So I guess he says he's like a hero because he gave away all his paintings about Sylar so that Sylar will not be the only one knowing what will happen.

And the other warrior is Hiro. They're both time traveling. Like in the 4th or 5th episode (Save The Cheerleader, Save The World episode), when he met Peter in the train, he identified himself as Hiro. I guess they just crossed pathes while jumping through time.

audioqueso
04-25-2007, 03:19 AM
BIG SPOILER!!!
(DON'T POINT YOUR MOUSE OVER UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS LATER)

Any of you ever go to www.nbc.com/Heroes and read the comic strips? Well, the lastest one reveals that Sylar is actually the guy who blows up NYC. It explains a lot more. Including what "Save the Cheerleader, Save The World" means. It's pretty interesting if anyone wants to go check it out.

aud19
04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Watched it last night!!! :D

Yeah I'd say Mica has what I'll call the "Fonzie power" :lol: Not sure what Linderman's planning to do with it though....?.

Interested to see what happens with the Hiro and Isaac storyline too (and yes that's just future-Hiro Chris ;) )

mike c
04-25-2007, 10:06 PM
BIG SPOILER!!!
(DON'T POINT YOUR MOUSE OVER UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS LATER)

Any of you ever go to www.nbc.com/Heroes and read the comic strips? Well, the lastest one reveals that Sylar is actually the guy who blows up NYC. It explains a lot more. Including what "Save the Cheerleader, Save The World" means. It's pretty interesting if anyone wants to go check it out.

if sylar's the exploding guy ... that would mean he opened up and killed nuclear guy :) poor him

audioqueso
04-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Did you read the comic? Here's a summary for those that don't want to read it: BIG SPOILER WARNING!!!

Sylar kills the Nuclear guy, giving him the power to explode. He also kills the cheerleader. When he's blowing up, Hiro stabs him with his sword in the back to stop him, but Sylar regenerated with Claire's powers and continues on. Hiro teleports... so he lives. Hiro spends five years studying the painting 'timelines'... looking for what point in time he should change to prevent the bomb. Hiro realizes that if the cheerleader is saved, Sylar will die once Hiro stabs him in the back. Hence, save the cheerleader, save the world. So he goes back in time to Peter to tell him to save the cheerleader because he believes Peter is the one who can stop Sylar.

mike c
04-26-2007, 05:42 AM
didn't read the comic, was (still am) at work :)

will read it now while the boss isn't around.

as per the old episodes:
after painter guy gets killed by sylar, Hiro discovers the body, and then the nuclear thingy explodes ... that would mean the next few episodes will have to happen in a span of not more than 1-2 days :)

Hiro should just leave the sword in sylar, so that he'd stay dead

can't seem to find the comic strips on the site ... :oops:

audioqueso
04-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Under the main word Heroes there is a menu (Main, Watch Episodes, etc)
Go to Novels
Then click on View Interactive Novel

I think you're right that it should be happening all within a few days. 4 more episodes, right? It's like 24 now. lol This show is so good!

Foxman
04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi my name is Russ and I am an adict.....

Hi Russ

Wow, what a fun show to watch. I read the spoiler, but am interested to see if it plays out since it seems the writers are still looking for some ideas from it's viewers.

mike c
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
thanks audioqueso

aud19
04-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi my name is Russ and I am an adict.....

Hi Russ

Wow, what a fun show to watch. I read the spoiler, but am interested to see if it plays out since it seems the writers are still looking for some ideas from it's viewers.

:lol: When and where are the meetings? :lol:

audioqueso
04-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Theories, not ideas. That's what they want you to post. With 4 episodes left, I'm sure they're done recording. I HOPE SO! I don't think I would ever give NBC any credit whatsoever if they had 4 shows left, and weren't done recording because they ran out of ideas for the last few episodes. lol

Foxman
04-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Theories, not ideas. That's what they want you to post. With 4 episodes left, I'm sure they're done recording. I HOPE SO! I don't think I would ever give NBC any credit whatsoever if they had 4 shows left, and weren't done recording because they ran out of ideas for the last few episodes. lol

Great point.

I didnt really engage my brain before I typed that into the keyboard.

Then again, I haven engaged my brain a lot today. :oops:

Paul Wu
04-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Man do I have to watch my tape!

mike c
04-26-2007, 10:47 PM
anybody know if this will be a 1 season show or will there be a second season?

audioqueso
04-26-2007, 11:54 PM
That's a good question. That would be cool if they made another, but I guess the idea is so different, that they have to come up will something totally new. I guess we'll have to wait four more weeks until the finale for them to tell us if there will be another season.

aud19
04-27-2007, 01:25 PM
How would there not be?!? They're making WAY too much money for there not to be.

audioqueso
04-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm not saying there can't be, but it's such a unique concept that I think it would be hard to match. It's like the Wachowski brothers making another Matrix trilogy while still keeping it like the Matrix. We'll see in 4 weeks. Yeah!!!!

Chris D
04-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes, it will be interesting to see.

I have to wonder, though, if they're really going to have the show turn out like the novels. Sounds weird that they would give away the plot of the remaining shows before they air!

(and I did my best not to read the spoilers)

Paul Wu
04-30-2007, 05:53 PM
I finally caught up. So what will happen tonight! Again, I will be taping, but thank's for the spoilers.

Pez
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
anybody know if this will be a 1 season show or will there be a second season?

Considering its doing well I dont see NBC making this a one and done. Now if the ratings stunk and nobody was watching then it would get canned (Surface comes to mind). After all, why would NBC yank a show that was very successful? Its not like they have a ton of hits right now.

This show will definately be back for AT LEAST one more season.

Pez
04-30-2007, 06:50 PM
This is an interview on tvguide.com with one of the actors and based on his comments season 2 looks to be definite.

audioqueso
04-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Watching it right now. This show is so good! Peter is like the new Neo. Ha ha

Chris D
05-01-2007, 04:42 AM
Yeah, that WAS a good one tonight. As always, can't wait for next week!

(and it looks like the comics may be diverging from the show after all!)

aud19
05-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Watching it right now. This show is so good! Peter is like the new Neo. Ha ha

I was having similar thoughts as well. The show seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from things like the Matrix and X-Men ;)

Great episode again last night!! :P :T Too bad there's only apparently 3 more episodes left this season :cry:

DSGCobra
05-01-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree last nights show was great. But it really didn't mean anything. It was kind of like a what if situation.

audioqueso
05-01-2007, 01:43 PM
That was sweet about Sylar. The comic is still right though. Remember this was all Hiro's story of what happened. He said what had happened, but he didn't know what had really happened with Sylar. But until last night, no character 5 years later knew about Peter's true story nor Sylar's. 3 more weeks. This is so good!!

I'm willing to bet the little girl is his daughter. Hence a weak spot.

Chris D
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Couldn't figure out why, is Peter has Claire's regenerative healing powers now, that he would have that big face scar. Was wondering what happened to the real Senator Petrelli.

aud19
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Couldn't figure out why, is Peter has Claire's regenerative healing powers now, that he would have that big face scar. Was wondering what happened to the real Senator Petrelli.

I'm guessing that the scar was from fighting Sylar (which we'll no doubt see more about in a future episode...?) and was so bad that even he couldn't regenerate from it entirely. His brother was killed by Sylar, hence why Sylar was disguised as him and could fly.

Foxman
05-02-2007, 09:43 AM
not to mention that Peter has Clairs healing power from having been around her. Unlike Syler who apparently has to kill to get their power, Peter simply has to come into contact with that person to be able to use that power.

Do you recall Peter was "in training" with the guy who could dissapear to help him harness the power's he had come into contact with.

the whole time I am watching, I am getting this vibe that Peter and his brother are on differant sides of this, that and Peters and Hiro's bitterness seemed odd to me. Once Syler revealed himself, it made a lot more sense. When Dr. Siresh was ordered to kill the "Young" Hiro was another sign that the President was clearly not himself, he was too driven. Still though if they hadnt revealed it was Sylar, I might not have called it.

Great episode.

aud19
05-02-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm guessing that the scar was from fighting Sylar (which we'll no doubt see more about in a future episode...?) and was so bad that even he couldn't regenerate from it entirely. His brother was killed by Sylar, hence why Sylar was disguised as him and could fly.

Edit:
Just thought the scar could also be from when Peter "exploded"...?

Paul Wu
05-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Looking forward to another great episode. Let's see if I can watch it in real time! But the tape is set, just in case.

And now another hero?

audioqueso
05-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Kind of a slow episode, huh? Especially for it being the final 3. Great ending though. Can't wait till next week.

Sithlord
05-08-2007, 07:36 AM
I thought the latest ep set in the future was bold but left me wanting more from it. Hearing Peter saying he hadn't had a real fight for ages then only seeing him toss a few guards was underwelming. If I wanted to be really picky I thought the scene in the episode before the future one where Peter turned invisible and Sylar smashed the glass and let loose taking down Peter. What was Peter doing with his back to Sylar?? The potential of Peter (being invisible) in this situation is huge and he could have gone anywhere in that room but he stood with his back turned right in front of Sylar I just didn't get it.

Anyone else notice when Peter and Sylar are facing off in the Future that they both have different flames? Peter looks like real fire but Sylars looks like the nuke guy flames are purple in colour. Seems that they both are using different abilities. Anyway it's stilll an excellent show and I can't wait for the next episode.

aud19
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Kind of a slow episode, huh? Especially for it being the final 3. Great ending though. Can't wait till next week.

Calm before the storm perhaps.....?

I REALLY want to know what Linderman is planning for Mica!?!?

Paul Wu
05-08-2007, 02:14 PM
And as usual, I pretty much missed the whole thing. So it will be a delayed viewing for me. I did pop in to see some parts and saw the end, which is a nice lead up to the next episodes.

The ending pretty much explains a question I had about Peter blowing up.

Now as Sithlord has so nicely pointed out, I was also wondering what was Peter doing when he had that encouter with Sylar. Here's my take. Peter, now invisible is thinking, should I move, and if I move, Sylar will hear me move, plus he is expecting me to move, so I'll just stay put. Sylar on the other hand, has that super hearing, so he should be able to zero in on Peter's heart beat and knows where to aim the glass, or at least in the general direction. Peter now seeing the glass shards, instictively turns around, and get nailed. I would have expected Peter to fly/levitate to the ceiling, which would have been the beter move.

Now, Peter should really go get some X-men or New Mutant comic books and read them. He will learn a lot from them. But then again, maybe they don't have those comics in that world.

I did see this part and have to ask How does Sylar come out of the stasis/frozen time to grab Hiro's sword?

audioqueso
05-08-2007, 06:37 PM
I REALLY want to know what Linderman is planning for Mica!?!?

He's going to rig the election. Linderman told the older brother not to worry about losing, it's in the bag.

I was watching over the last few episodes and reading the comics, but I can't figure out where Sylar got the freezing power from. I imagine that the fight in the future with him and Peter was fire vs ice. But where did it come from. Hmmmmm? :T

Sithlord
05-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Some good points regarding my questions. Freezing power hmmm. I too was wondering where Sylar got that one from. There are a few loop holes in this show but you soon forget them and just enjoy it. I was pretty surprised that Sylar was able to break out of Hiros freezing of time but maybe Hiro had doubts and he dropped his guard for a second which allowed Sylar to escape his grip. I'm not a chemistry major so someone enlighten me. Does intense cold on steel make it brittle? A sword forged so long ago would have been woven many times (yes I've watched Highlander too may times :oops: ) and would be pretty hard to break.

Anyway "Ring the cheerleader get a date" oops thats not how the line goes :rofl: Until next week 8)

soho54
05-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I remember in one of the scenes of Sylar's victims (or in a crime scene picture maybe?)at the start of the season being frozen. It was there from the start of the show, so it should be taken as a power he received while still with Suresh's pop.

I follow the Hiro let up, lost focus theory.

Intense cold does make metal, and anything else brittle. Think liquid nitrogen. :T

I love the show, but hate having to setup a manual record to make sure I get the end. Thanks NBC. :roll:

Paul Wu
05-14-2007, 03:54 PM
When Sylar went to visit his Mom, he did the snow thing with the sink hose, so he must have gotten that power sometime before.

I agree, that Hiro lost focus and that is how Sylar broke free.

I have my tape setup a couple of minutes before and it goes late to make sure I catch everything. Luckily Hero's is on then 24 so I just end up taping back to back on the same channel.

audioqueso
05-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhweeeeeeee! One more week!!! Tonight was a good episode! One more weak! One more weak! :D

aud19
05-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Recorded it last night, still have to watch it....glad to hear it's a gooder though! :P :T

Chris D
05-17-2007, 03:33 AM
Yes, finally we get the season finale!

aud19
05-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Yes, finally we get the season finale!

But that also means no new episodes for a LONNNNNNG time :cry:

Paul Wu
05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Ah, now this is the break out show of the year, for me anyways. Poor Ted, we hardly knew you.

Linderman, wow I just didn't see that coming!

Mica, now that is a cool power. Just think what he could do to all the spam and spammers in the world!

So how the heck is Hiro going to get schooled by Sulu in a couple of hours to become a master swordsman? In movies we have the musical montage of training.

Okay here's the scenario with the T-Rex. It is Hiro vs the shapeshifter who turns into the T-Rex.

Oh, and they do have comics in the Hero world. Silver Surfer #1. So Peter better stop by a comic store to figure out how to use his powers.

Now one thing is puzzling me. In an earlier episode Hiro transports into the future and sees Issac Mendez with this skull lopped off and the cops come in and bust him. Then the bomb goes off. That's future scenario 1. Now Issac is dead , but the timing is off. Wouldn't that be a clear indication that the future can be changed? So then wouldn't the various changes that Hiro is making effectively change the future such that previous Mendez paintings will no longer be an accurate reflection of the future?

Hmm..

aud19
05-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Okay here's the scenario with the T-Rex. It is Hiro vs the shapeshifter who turns into the T-Rex.

I thought we already decided that was in the museum....?

Paul Wu
05-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I remember the musem, but I don't recall seeing the actual shot.

Or because of my theory above, the actual scene will not actually happen.

audioqueso
05-18-2007, 11:58 PM
I thought we already decided that was in the museum....?

But the museum wasn't a T-Rex like the painting. It was just bones.

audioqueso
05-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Now one thing is puzzling me. In an earlier episode Hiro transports into the future and sees Issac Mendez with this skull lopped off and the cops come in and bust him. Then the bomb goes off. That's future scenario 1. Now Issac is dead , but the timing is off. Wouldn't that be a clear indication that the future can be changed? So then wouldn't the various changes that Hiro is making effectively change the future such that previous Mendez paintings will no longer be an accurate reflection of the future?

No one said the future can't be changed. They said the bomb can't be stopped. Like that book/movie Time Machine. No matter how many things he changed, his girlfriend always dies.

audioqueso
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Man... what was that!? All that build up only to have a weak ending? I was disappointed. I thought it was going to be a LOT better than that. Oh well. Will have to wait until September for the next season. :T

Chris D
05-22-2007, 02:25 AM
Yeah, that was a bit of a letdown. Not too bad, but I was expecting a ROCKIN' ending, based on the quality of the show.

So they implied that Sylar lived at the end, dragging himself into the sewer. I think that's kind of a cop-out. You don't NEED Sylar around for future tension.

Now, the "tracking system" girl implied that there's one person in the world more evil than Sylar, who she called the "bogeyman". Said that when she searches for him, "He can see her". Interesting. Perhaps another setup for next season?

I didn't quite understand Nathan Petrelli showing up for the climax. He didn't have to die with Peter, if Claire had shot Peter. Or since Peter himself could fly, he could have just launched himself into the sky to explode. For that matter, I don't think we ever were told for sure that whoever the exploding bomb ended up being, it would kill the bomb, too.

I was surprised that Peter ended up being the bomb after all. And I was also surprised to see Nikki/Jessica participate in the final fight. That was kind of cool.

Well, now we get season 2! Looking forward to it.

audioqueso
05-22-2007, 02:55 AM
I didn't quite understand Nathan Petrelli showing up for the climax. He didn't have to die with Peter, if Claire had shot Peter. Or since Peter himself could fly, he could have just launched himself into the sky to explode. For that matter, I don't think we ever were told for sure that whoever the exploding bomb ended up being, it would kill the bomb, too..

I think the whole meaning behind that is that Nathan knew he had disappointed his brother at the parking lot scene. So I took it as "let me do this one last thing for you to prove myself to you". Plus Peter couldn't use any of his powers when the nuclear thing occured. He mentioned losing control two episodes ago. I think that's why he couldn't fly alone.

I was kind of disappointed that Peter died. Not so much that he did died, but it just seemed like his character was too much ripped off of Neo from the Matrix. The one! You know.

So yeah... next fall. :T

Foxman
05-22-2007, 11:04 AM
I was very dissapointed with the showdown between Hiro and Sylar. I really expected there to be more to that and if Sylar had regeneritive powers then why would that have killed him (this is what was going through my mind while watching) and then of course you see the blood trail, which again I say, how would he not have regenerated? I did think it was cool that so many Hero's ended up fighting Sylar, but they could have done more IMO.

The "boogeyman" was sylar I thought, I didn't think the girl named the one that could see her and that is what I took as being next years drama.

The Hiro shot at the end was just something to talk about IMO, I don't think it really has anything to do with next year. Also, was it just me or did it look like something black coming from the manhole or was that a bug?

I'll watch next year I am sure.

Paul Wu
05-22-2007, 01:34 PM
While a good episode, I too felt it was a bit of a let down.

Yeah, what's the deal with Sylar? It looks like he escaped and shouldn't Hiro have made one more thrust to finish him off?

Yes, there is someone more 'evil' than Sylar. So I think this is the setup for next season.

I don't understand why Nathan came to the 'rescue'. By, shooting Peter, wouldn't he just stop, then pull the bullet out and presto, he's healed? Maybe there is a key scene missing where he can only use one power at a time? Therefore he can't fly away.

There's a DVD with the whole season plus deleted scenes coming out in August, so I will be looking forward to that.

aud19
05-22-2007, 04:48 PM
I agree it was a bit anti-climatic but I'll have to agree that either Peter can only use one power at a time or that it simply overpowered him and he was really unable to do anything else. Can't wait for next season though!

audioqueso
05-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Sylar did not have regenerating powers. That was ONLY if he killed Claire. Hence, "Save the Cheerleader, Save The World". In the future episode, they explained that Claire was killed by Sylar allowing him to live. Which is why he had regenerating powers then.

I don't think the boogeyman was Sylar. I thought it was. But when the little girl thought of him, they didn't show that he saw her. That was the first piece of information leading me to think that it was NOT Sylar. Second, she wasn't afraid of finding him. They asked her to find Sylar. She said she could and AFTERWARDS said there was only one person she couldn't find... the boogeyman.

About Nathan, again, I think the whole meaning behind that is that Nathan knew he had disappointed his brother at the parking lot scene. Peter read his mind, verbally said "Claire was right about you", Nathan couldn't read his mind, but by the look on his face, it seemed like he knew he let Peter down. So when he came at the end, I took it as "let me do this one last thing for you to prove myself to you". Plus Peter couldn't use any of his powers when the nuclear thing occured. He mentioned losing control two episodes ago. I think that's why he couldn't fly alone.

Kevin D
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
For those that don't have it Tivo'd, Sylar is the boogeyman. It's a little confusing at first listen, but I just watched it again.

Claire's dad: Sylar is out there.

Molly: You mean the boogeyman?...I can do it, I can tell you where he is.

Molly: Almost anyone, there's only one that I can't.

Is it someone bad Molly, Like the boogeyman?

Molly: No, he's a lot worse.

audioqueso
05-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I watched it again. But it kind of contridicts itself, no? Kind of confusing.

Sithlord
05-26-2007, 03:35 AM
Ok I too was disappointed with the finale looks like they ran out of money. Also I believe Peter is not dead as the guy he got the power off went off pretty big in the house a few episodes back and lived when Claire went in and knocked him out. Whats the point of having a power that when used to it's limits kills you? It's like the Human Torch in the FF4 he can go nova doesn't mean he will die from it as thats his power overwise he would burn himself everytime he says "Flame On". Thats how I see Peters Nuke power anyway.

With all the powers Peter has why stand in the open when he can:

1. Become invisible

2. Has telekinisis like Slyar

And more yet he just waits for Sylar to start choking him. Whats with Sylar and choking anyway? He can slice through most things by mear thought and a wave of his hand (like he did with the painting) so why bother just chocking when he could just slice Peter in half :roll: I guess that would be too easy and not as fun to watch plus it draws things out more. Just little things like this stops this show from being so much more. Hope season 2 brings out all the stops.

Foxman
05-26-2007, 09:31 AM
With all the powers Peter has why stand in the open when he can:

1. Become invisible

2. Has telekinisis like Slyar

Because he can only use one power at a time I think, and is having control issues.

But I think most of us agree it was a thin finaly at best and certainly not what the show has been

Paul Wu
05-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't Peter have also now abosorbed all of Sylar's stolen powers? I think I'll have to watch the episode again, but I thought they were close enough for the power transfer to occur.

And as Sithlord has pointed out. I'm sure Peter survided the explosion, but Nathan didn't. So now we will have a reclusive and moping Peter.

I agree that it must be a control issue. Peter is just too new to the powers game.

DSGCobra
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
But couldn't Nathan just fly as high as possible then throw Peter even higher and take off in the other direction? He seems fast enough to get out of the blast zone?

Paul Wu
05-29-2007, 04:30 PM
That's a good point! Nathan may not be strong enough to throw Peter higher, but the momentum should carry Peter upwards and Nathan can just fly away. Maybe the blast will through out a strong enough shockwave that it will impact Nathan and knock him unconcious?

aud19
09-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Heroes tonight!!! :banana:

aud19
09-25-2007, 04:56 PM
So I guess Hiro's going to take over for his hero in ancient Japan and fulfill the stories, which should also help with the training and look of "future" Hiro...

Should be interesting to see where the Bennett/Dr. Suresh storyline goes.

Can't wait to see what happens with Peter either!

Chris D
09-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I'd say it's a pretty good start for season 2! We seem to be leading towards finding out who or what the scary being is that's frightening the little girl.

Yes, the Peter story should be good.

And another flying boy!

Foxman
10-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Wonder what the deal with Silar is?

Also, I am curious if it is Peter that is the scary man the girl is dreaming of.

Liking season 2 so far. One other interesting plot is the ability of the dude from 1621.

Chris D
10-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, we know that Peter, Nathan, and Sylar all survived.

I kind of doubt that Peter is the super scary man. We still don't know what happened to him, but he doesn't seem like a bad guy. And since he doesn't even know himself, we'll have to wait and see what powers he does have now.

As for Sylar, I think he's not absorbing and manifesting powers right now, because he's severely wounded. Matter of fact, I wonder how the girl was able to save him from death. That was sad, when she died and you saw that she really was a chunky girl. But what's up with the cabin they're in, out in the middle of absolutely nowhere?

Foxman
10-12-2007, 11:15 AM
As for Sylar, I think he's not absorbing and manifesting powers right now, because he's severely wounded. Matter of fact, I wonder how the girl was able to save him from death. That was sad, when she died and you saw that she really was a chunky girl. But what's up with the cabin they're in, out in the middle of absolutely nowhere?

The girl had been on the phone and based on her demeanor I suspect she works for "The Company" or "A Company" that has an interest in his survival or abilities.

Ovation
10-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Finally caught up (via DVD and PVR). Great show. (on a technical note, the SD DVD looks almost as good as the HD broadcast on my PVR--so either my HD service isn't all that great or my projector's video processing does a superb job with SD DVD. In any case, it all looks good).

The girl was the same one who "babysat" Micah last season (he told her he had a friend who ate like her and he was huge--she said, so am I). It is a sad commentary on life, but it is not surprising in the least that a person who can appear in any fashion imaginable would choose to be beautiful.

I got spoiled with the DVD rental, though, as I didn't have to cope with all those annoying blurbs from NBC.

My favourite character, so far, has to be Hiro.

Hdale85
10-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I have the first season on HD-DVD and I can say it does not compare to the SD at all. HD cable and satellite don't impress me that much.

Hdale85
10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't think Peter can absorb abilites that were not orgionally Sylar's. A question in my mind is how Sylar actually absorbs these abilities? Like we know he cuts off the top of their heads but does he like eat it or what? Just something I've thought about. I really love this show! First time I've been this interested in a tv show in a very long time.

Ovation
10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I have the first season on HD-DVD and I can say it does not compare to the SD at all. HD cable and satellite don't impress me that much.
I suspected as much. But HD cable is still a lot better than SD cable (at least on my 64 inch screen--and even more so on bigger screens, I'll bet). The proof is in hockey on HD vs SD. However, a hi-def disc player is not in the cards this year (summer/fall 08 is the most realistic scenario for me) and I've only seen glimpses of them in stores. Therefore, I will remain in my half-ignorant bliss for now and enjoy the improved TV PQ (even if it is not as good as it could be) and enjoy the very good video processing of my projector (which brings SD DVDs, generally, to about 95% of HD cable on my screen--though I suspect the gap would be greater if I had, say, a 100 inch screen).

Next year, along with the hi-def player, I plan to re-arrange my room and furniture to accommodate a 75-80 inch (possibly 85 inches at the outside, but it is a small room) screen. Until then, though, I'll enjoy Heroes (and other HD cable and SD DVD) on my current screen--a big step up from a 4:3 32 inch SD CRT. :T

Ovation
10-13-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't think Peter can absorb abilites that were not orgionally Sylar's. A question in my mind is how Sylar actually absorbs these abilities? Like we know he cuts off the top of their heads but does he like eat it or what? Just something I've thought about. I really love this show! First time I've been this interested in a tv show in a very long time.
That doesn't make sense as Peter absorbed a number of abilities before he met Sylar. What leads you to think that?

Hdale85
10-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Like the abilities Sylar has are not truely his he stole them from other people. So maybe Peter can't absorb those because they are not really Syars natural abilities.

Ovation
10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I see. You mean Peter cannot absorb any of Sylar's "stolen" abilities--only those naturally possessed by Sylar. Okay, that makes more sense.

Hdale85
10-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah I was tired having trouble wording it ;) I don't think Sylar has any naturally posessed abilities.

Ovation
10-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah I was tired having trouble wording it ;) I don't think Sylar has any naturally posessed abilities.
He must have at least telekinesis, as that is one power Peter absorbed from him (and it is the power he showed to the elder Dr. Suresh).

Hdale85
10-14-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't remember him ever being successful with the Dr. Just remember him trying.

Chris D
12-04-2007, 10:09 AM
So who watched the "mini-season" finale last night? They said that Heroes will "return in 2008", I don't know if that means winter/spring, where we'll get another installment before summer, or if we have to wait all year for the actual season next fall.

Thought the finale was decent. Not a bad year. I guess Mrs. Petrelli sent Sylar to kill Nathan during the press conference? And I guess the final scene means that Sylar's back in full force now. So if we take the show's events at face value, we've just lost these major characters-

Nathan Petrelli - Shot during press conference
Nikki - Blew up in store arson explosion
Mr. Bennett - Taken away by The Company in return for leaving the Bennetts alone

So next season is called "The Villans" or something like that. Sylar's back. I wouldn't be surprised if he digs up Adam and lets him go again, either. Perhaps we'll see Elle again? She's a whacko.

Ovation
12-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I'll be watching this later today (it's on my HD PVR). I'm bummed the WGA strike is shortening the season, but my understanding was they intended "two volumes" (two arcs) within one season, so it works out for this show.

Sadly, though, it seems another show (even though I promised myself I wouldn't do this again--Studio 60 was last year's casualty) I've started liking will be getting the ax. Journeyman was just starting to get interesting but it looks like it won't be back after the strike.

Oh well, my local video store has finally gotten the first two seasons of Rome and Lost season three is due out next week. Plenty to keep my busy.

Ovation
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
So who watched the "mini-season" finale last night? They said that Heroes will "return in 2008", I don't know if that means winter/spring, where we'll get another installment before summer, or if we have to wait all year for the actual season next fall.

Thought the finale was decent. Not a bad year. I guess Mrs. Petrelli sent Sylar to kill Nathan during the press conference? And I guess the final scene means that Sylar's back in full force now. So if we take the show's events at face value, we've just lost these major characters-

Nathan Petrelli - Shot during press conference
Nikki - Blew up in store arson explosion
Mr. Bennett - Taken away by The Company in return for leaving the Bennetts alone

So next season is called "The Villans" or something like that. Sylar's back. I wouldn't be surprised if he digs up Adam and lets him go again, either. Perhaps we'll see Elle again? She's a whacko.I think Bennett killed Nathan Petrelli as the price for the Company leaving his family alone.

Paul Wu
12-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Boy do I have a lot to catch up on. I have about 4 episodes to watch over the weekend.

I am pissed at the writers strike.

aud19
12-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I think Bennett killed Nathan Petrelli as the price for the Company leaving his family alone.

Yeah I don't know if it was him but I REALLY doubt it was Sylar. Had to be someone from the company.

Brilliant way Hiro trapped "Adam" but yes it certainly does leave an opening for him to come back. Though you have to wonder how even someone self-healing can deal without oxygen/food/water etc for long term...?

Hdale85
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Well Maybe something like a vampire? They dry out until they get blood again? Would make since anyways as his body still needs nutrients and what not.

I was very surprised at the end when it said end of chapter 2 and upset :( Didn't realize the WGA was affecting everything like it is... All my shows are over for the season Weeds, Californication, Heroes what else is there to watch?

aud19
12-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Well Maybe something like a vampire? They dry out until they get blood again? Would make since anyways as his body still needs nutrients and what not.

I was very surprised at the end when it said end of chapter 2 and upset :( Didn't realize the WGA was affecting everything like it is... All my shows are over for the season Weeds, Californication, Heroes what else is there to watch?

Stuff other than TV :lol: I'm sure the TV studios would love to hear that 8O :rofl:

Ovation
12-04-2007, 06:39 PM

MOVIES!!!! :T

Hdale85
12-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Haven't been any great movies I wanted to see lately. Got I know who killed me thinking Diana would like it. The whole move your going "WTF!!??" and then the ending is just garbage. Going to watch super bad tonight but other then that didn't see much new I wanted.

mike c
12-04-2007, 07:53 PM
amazing how somebody speaking to a lot of press with a lot of cops gets shot and not one person subdues the shooter.

so suresh's blood is irrelevant ... just take the cheerleader's blood to cure any and all strains of the virus, and gunshots, and ...

also, am I the only one noticing peter petrelli turning into rocky balboa with his "adrian" mouth

Hdale85
12-04-2007, 11:55 PM
You should put a spoiler tag on that ;) In courtesy of the other members.

Chris D
12-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I was wondering about that "Rocky Balboa" mouth myself!

june
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Hello All,

Does anyone know when the show is returning in 2008???

Ovation
12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
No one knows because of the WGA strike.

Paul Wu
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Just wanted to say, wow, and finally caught up on all the missed episodes.

Pretty much everything has been covered.

So here's a question. Adam and Claire basically have the same ability. Isn't this the first time two people have the same ability?

Adam manefested the ability later in life vs Claire. So will Claire age or always stay 16/17? I'm thinking she will continue to age, until that perfect age of say 28 and then never grow old?

So how long can someone be 'dead' before injection of the miracle blood?

So how long do we have to wait for another episode? :M

Hdale85
01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
My theory is that Claire is Adams daughter..... They look very much alike and it seems that there is a lot that could tie them together. I need a refresher I haven't seen the show in a while now lol. Wonder when we'll find out about season 3 coming out....wonder when this darn strike will end :(

Chris D
01-09-2008, 04:03 AM
Wasn't it definitive that Claire is Senator Petrelli's daughter?

Hdale85
01-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah thats what I was thinking.... I don't know but I think Adam may be related to them in some way? Or something. Like I said I can't remember everything now lol.

aud19
01-09-2008, 02:57 PM
We never have met the Petrelli boys father have we......

Hdale85
01-09-2008, 03:06 PM
No I don't think so... and their mother and Adam definitely do have a history as we've seen.

Paul Wu
01-09-2008, 09:44 PM
That's right. I was thinking that Adam might be the father in some way. Then I remember the thing with the girl that set things on fire and Nathan. But I still think they are related in some way.

Now another question about shooting the head. I remember when Claire had that branch through her head in Season 1, when it was pulled out, she regenerated. So what is the difference between having a branch stuck in your head vs a bullet go through? I can see how taking the whole head off will do the trick.

Hdale85
01-10-2008, 12:54 AM
The brand was stuck into a major portion of her brain so she was technically dead but they pulled it out which allowed her brain to heal. The bullet went all the way through so it wasn't lodged in there keeping the brain from healing.

I just can't wait for the new season...but who knows when that will happen. Even after the strike is over they need time to write the script and then record and so on.

Hdale85
05-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Well I FINALLY decided to look for a date as to when it would be back and it appears to be sometime in September which seems like a very long time to me....:( I miss this show oh so much! Starting to think about rewatching the whole series.

Monday September 15th 2008 at 9pm Eastern.

aud19
05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Damn! I was just going to look that up....that sucks :(

Hdale85
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah...at least its coming back though! :)

Hdale85
09-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Anyone catch this last night? Was very exciting been waiting a very long time :B

Chris D
09-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I saw the season premiere a couple hours ago. Thought it was pretty good. They're calling this one "season 3". I missed some of the "season 2" episodes, so I was a bit lost on a couple things. But looks like this is going to be a good season. I hope they're not reaching on a couple of the new story lines they're introducing.

Hdale85
09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
From what I remember they flowed together pretty well from season 2 to season 3. At least so far.

aud19
09-23-2008, 04:29 PM
I can't believe what they showed at the end...new partner indeed!!! :E

krips
09-30-2008, 02:06 AM
It was pretty crazy. Looks like mr. gray has a bit more training to do before he gets his hunger under control ;). I wonder what is to come of the fear-feeding one?

Ovation
10-17-2008, 12:57 AM
The show seems more tightly paced and plotted than last year (a "off" year even according to its creator). I've been enjoying it so far. Is anyone else?

Chris D
10-17-2008, 01:47 AM
I'm enjoying it too, although I think they're really borderline to start going TOO far out there with the plot "twists". I hope they don't start "reaching" for the next twist, or way to have another connection revealed between characters. How many people can be each others' brothers, dads, sons, etc?

Hdale85
10-17-2008, 03:06 AM
Well sounds like a large portion have some sort of connection between them now. It is a bit strange how everyone is suddenly connected in some way but then with recent events it makes sense. I've been enjoying it very much. I hate waiting for the next week though :( Every time I buy a series on DVD I end up watching the whole thing over like a weekend lol.

krips
10-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Holy. Hope peter gets some powers back! Mr Patrelli is super evil! :(

Hdale85
08-10-2009, 07:47 PM
New season starts September 21st :B!!

Chris D
08-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Cool. Haven't been sure what to think of the series as of late. Not really bad, not I wouldnj't say overwhelmingly awesome. Interesting that they killed off Nathan Petrelli, but then put his mind in Sylar. See that one becoming an issue, with Sylar re-emerging.

Hdale85
08-12-2009, 03:41 AM
I don't know I've been hooked on it, this last season certainly wasn't my favorite but generally speaking the bad guys were sort of winning the whole season so it's not really meant to be a happy one I suppose. Things seem to be turning back for the better though maybe, so we'll see what happens this next season.