X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dean Mar
    • Mar 2002

B&K 305 Bi-Amp ?

Have a B&K AVR305 that I use for 80% music and 20% movies. I have been very happy with the performance on movies, but feel that there is room for improvement on music. Thought about purchasing a separate 2 channel amp for my mains, but don't want to spend the extra money right now.

Does anyone know if I can bi-amp my mains using the 305's left and right surround amps as well as the left and right main amps ?
    I would then use an older 2 channel amp ( 120 watts per channel ) that I have to power my surrounds. Not sure if this is even possible, but figured someone here would probably know.

The rest of my setup is:

B&K AVR305
    Sony 53HS10 RPTV
    Panasonic RP91 DVD Player
    Paradigm Studio 100v2 mains
    Paradigm Studio ADP surrounds
    Paradigm Studio CC center
    No sub yet - still looking
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I don't see how this could work in 2 channel, as the surround amps will be turned off in that position. In surround modes, it's going to be matrixxing the signal and sending to the surrounds. I myself, don't see how this could work, but I am not a BK expert.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• phyre3
      • Jan 2001

Yes you should be able to do this. In the same way that you can use the surround back amps to power zone 2 you should be able to tie them to the front channels and have 4 channels of amplification for the front Left and Right. You should talk to B&K about it and they can help you further and tell you if this would void your warranty or not.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"