X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psklenar
    • May 2001

Possible work around for DD Audio Dropouts

I believe a work around has been developed, at least the Outlaw 1050, for the Dolby Digital Audio Dropouts that have been reported on JPIII, PH and now Atlantis. Some folks have noticed that only some people report this problem while others, such as myself, reported not seeing the problem. Some of us suspected it was a combination of DVD Player, Receiver and/or Connection Type (COAX vs TOSLink). However, I received a phone call from two of the Outlaw's the other evening and they asked me to do some testing (I was one of the five public beta testers of the 1050 back in the summer of '00) to help them firm up their suspicions ...

My 1050 is configured with six speakers and I've not had the drop outs. They asked me to go into the 1050's Speaker Configuration menu and DISABLE my Center Surround speaker ("C S OFF"). I then plugged JPIII into the DVD player and low and behold ... DD audio drop outs! The Outlaw's said there's no risk of damage to the 1050 if the Center Surround speaker is configured as being ON even if there really isn't one. So, I also turned the Center Surround back on ("C S ON") and physically disconnected my rear center surround and watched the same section of the movie ... no drop outs and no other problems.

Any Outlaw 1050 owners that are suffering from these DD audio drop-outs may want to check to see if their Center Suround speaker is configured as OFF and turn it ON. If it is ON and you're still seeing the drop-outs, you probably should call 1-866-688-5292 (Outlaw Audio Tech Support) and let them know.

pat----

email: :<a href="mailtoat@sklenar.info">pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair
    pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"