X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m1ke323
    • Jun 2006

Mounting Hardware Sizes

I am ordering my mounting hardware from McMaster.com and am not sure what size hardware to get. The speakers I am using are the RS28, RS150, and RS225. I have heard multiple sizes for the RS28, either #6 or #8, which one? The RS150 and the RS225 I assume a #10 would work, or should I go bigger on the RS225? Thanks for the help.

Mike
  • dCraig
    • Jun 2006

I find #8 screws work best for the RS180s with #6 for the smaller tweeters. I like 1" for the length of the larger screws and 5/8 to 3/4 for the smaller driver screws. You might go down to #4 for mounting binding post plates or for mounting flared ports but I find the number 6s do well there too. I just realized that pocket hole screws look really neat and professional but you have to have a special screwdriver to put them in and take them out. Costs very little.

Comment

• soho54
      • Dec 2005

I used the #6 x 3/4" screws for the RS28.

Comment

• m1ke323
        • Jun 2006

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"