X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Duvall
    • Jan 2001

How about that EX function?

How many of you folks are using the six (or seven) channel EX function with regular 5.1 material regularly?

It seems to work good for me for the most part, but movies like "Gone in Sixty Seconds" seems to have so much mono stuff in the side surrounds that it all dumps to the single back channel I run.

See ya. Dave
  • John Kotches
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Dave,

I barely have room for 5 speakers in my listening room, so EX is out of the question for now

Regards,

---
    Editor, PC/Home Theater
    Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
    My Home Theater
    NEC LT-150 specific page.
    ---
    Editor, PC/Home Theater
    Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
    My Home Theater
    NEC LT-150 specific page.

Comment

• MannyE
      • Dec 2000

I'll be using it soon as I can get that two channel amp I need to augment the Outlaw...

By the way...did you know that the last two James Bond flicks have EX? They do...but it's not on the box!

I THINK Gladiator also has it.

"What do you call a Roman Soldier with hair between his teeth?"

http://home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/scripts/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=23441&ck=&userid=16579 006&userpw=ytxCz9&uh=16579006,2,Manuel&uzip=33140& ver=3.0
      http://home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/scripts/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=23441&ck=&userid=16579 006&userpw=ytxCz9&uh=16579006,2,Manuel&uzip=33140& ver=3.0

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Dave, I have used it some with my Lexicon that way. Of course, this is Club BK, but hey, I can play to, can't I?

Seems to liven up the rear soundstage a bit, I have to admit.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Dave Duvall
          • Jan 2001

I need to get one more channel of amplification to have two rear speakers, instead of just one. I like the side speakers as dipolar and the rear as point source, but having a left and right rear as opposed to just the center rear opens up the spaciousness from behind.

Soon....soon...

See ya. Dave

Comment

• labman
            • Dec 2000

Dave I use a 7.1 setup and run the Ref 30 in EX mode. For the most part in adds to the DVD's but on a few it is spectacular. The Crow Salvation comes to mind.I have dipoles for the sides and Directs for the backs the sound is really enveloping.

Comment

• Dave Duvall
              • Jan 2001

Gladiator is DTS-EX, but seems to decode just fine in Dolby EX. Pretty damn fine mix too.

So, "What do you call a Roman Soldier with hair between his teeth?" ?

See ya. Dave

Comment

• MannyE
                • Dec 2000

Hey Dave...are you kidding? "Gladiator"

Comment

• Dave Duvall
                  • Jan 2001

Hah! :-)

No, I wasn't kidding. I'm a little slow sometimes.

See ya. Dave

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"