X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • havix
    • Oct 2005

Swan Divas, thoughts?

I hate to post on 2 different forums with the same question but I noticed ssabripo had the 6.2s and was considering building the 3-way Dayton center and possibly the towers so I thought this might be a more appropriate place to ask my questions. Also since there are quite a few HI-VI projects on here it only makes sense to find out what people think of the retail offerings.

To get straight to the point: Is there anything better in DIY market FOR THE PRICE in comparison to the Swan Diva offerings? Beautiful cabinets which I've seen in person and from reviews it's very well received for it's sound quality too. I want to move up from my DIII's but my woodworking skills are poor, which is quite apparent with my current DIY speaker cabinets. I guess what I need to know is whether I'm better off buying the Swans or building something like an RS-MTM derivative/Exodus kit that I can put in premade cabinets from either Madisound or PE? I know it's all just opinions but it would be great to try to learn from other peoples experiences.
  • ssabripo
    • Dec 2005

you have to put things in perspective:

the reason I'm building my own is simple: the Swan Center channel offerings are average, and thus, I'm gonna build a big time Center Channel Like KG with the RS Dayton drivers (see sticky in this forum).

thus, in order to keep somewhat of a match acoustically, I will be going with a Dayton RS based mains, either the NatalieP's, the Modula MTMs, or similar.

The Swan Diva's are outstanding speakers in their own right, particularly for the price....but then again, for similar price, a DIY could really improve things.

Plus, no pain no gain...no fun
    My simple HT setup
    4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

uh...

ssab, if you're going with the 3-way center, go 3-way mains.

While the RS180 2-ways have some pretty good bass, it will be of a very different character than the 3-way offers. Giving the critical nature of the front stage in its entirety, . . .

As to the Swans, I have never heard them and can not really comment. Got a link?

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• ssabripo
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by cjd
        uh...

ssab, if you're going with the 3-way center, go 3-way mains.

While the RS180 2-ways have some pretty good bass, it will be of a very different character than the 3-way offers. Giving the critical nature of the front stage in its entirety, . . .

As to the Swans, I have never heard them and can not really comment. Got a link?

C

click on my sig...there are some pics.

search AVSforum, I posted a review a while back
        My simple HT setup
        4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"