X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregLett
    • May 2005

Analog Power Meters.

Does anyone know who makes analog power meters, like the ones Macintosh uses, but smaller? I like the look, some fallout from the demo
    Greg
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GregLett
    Does anyone know who makes analog power meters, like the ones Macintosh uses, but smaller? I like the look, some fallout from the demo
    Unfortunately, no. To the best of my knowledge, such items are custom manufactured. There are a number of makers of analog panel meters that indicate voltage, current and power consumption of electrical distribution systems but none for audio power applications. If one must have something that indicates power output into 4 or 8 ohm loads, kit manufacturer Velleman makes an LED RMS power meter. I built a pair for fun years ago that are now "gathering dust."

Velleman LED audio power meter kit: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=320-222

Comment

• GregLett
      • May 2005

Thanks for the reply Glenn. I posted in DIY, to see if someone can give me info on building one. I might try to build one myself, for kicks.
      Greg

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

RadioShack carries an analog meter that reads 0-15 volts: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...wCatId=2032058

With an appropriate driver circuit and changing the scale to represent dB or watts, you could adapt it to be a power meter.

Comment

• GregLett
          • May 2005

Thanks Kevin I was just looking at that. All that other stuff
          you mentioned is French to me though
          Greg

Comment

• Glen B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2004

If you are going the DIY route, you can find a range of analog panel meters here:

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"