X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crack09
    • Feb 2006

KEF iQ SERIES OR M&K 55 SERIES??

i'm a looking for a 5.1 speaker set, which brand it's better, KEF or M&K?? I have $1,000 and I think I can get KEF'S iQ serie or M&K 55 series, which do you recommend me?? I use 60% for movies and 40% for music in a 35 foot room.
    Last edited by crack09; 17 February 2006, 12:43 Friday.
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by crack09
    i'm a looking for a 5.1 speaker set, which brand it's better, KEF or M&K?? I have $1,000 and I think I can get KEF'S iQ serie or M&K 55 series, which do you recommend me?? I use 60% for movies and 40% for music in a 35 foot room.
    Can't really advise on the M&K. Have no experience with them and not readily available in my market.

KEF on the otherhand are. Before I went to B&W, I was a big KEF fan and had the KEF Reference 205 in my two channel setup until last year. I also had the KEF Q7 surround package in my HT setup untill in moved to the B&W 703 'package' I was always impressed by the UniQ driver. It's crisp, clear and warm. However, the Q1 and the Q3 and the earlier Q series, I found lacking a little in bass, so one would have to move up the range to eliminate that problem (have not heard the new iQ1 or iQ3). For the price, the new IQ5 is a really nice speaker, particularly for music. Looks good too. You may not get a full 5.1 package if you go for the iQ5s but you could build from there.

Hope this helps.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"