X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martyn
    • Feb 2006

Linn AV equipment...

Hi, audio buffs.

I use a two-channel Linn integrated amp for my stereo audio needs. I'm moving towards satellite TV and some kind of 42" or 50" TV. I'm also going to replace my Denon 3300 DVD player because that's all it will play - it won't even play a burnt CD. If I decide to try 5.1 sound, I'll need to replace my Linn amp as well. I was thinking along the lines of some kind of Pioneer Elite until my local audio guy started up-selling me on a Linn Classik Movie player which very neatly integrates a disc player, amp, and radio tuner.

Does anyone have any comments on this kind of Linn product? Thanks,

Martyn
  • H.T.C
    • Nov 2003

I think stereophile did a review or preview on that system (nice sound) awhile back cant remember the issue number.

Linn makes very good products as far the reviews go.
    Robert

Comment

• Alloroc
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Martyn
      Hi, audio buffs.

I use a two-channel Linn integrated amp for my stereo audio needs. I'm moving towards satellite TV and some kind of 42" or 50" TV. I'm also going to replace my Denon 3300 DVD player because that's all it will play - it won't even play a burnt CD. If I decide to try 5.1 sound, I'll need to replace my Linn amp as well. I was thinking along the lines of some kind of Pioneer Elite until my local audio guy started up-selling me on a Linn Classik Movie player which very neatly integrates a disc player, amp, and radio tuner.

Does anyone have any comments on this kind of Linn product? Thanks,

Martyn
      For it's size the Linn Classik make big noises.... I've always like it. There is a new version just on the market now - the Classik Movie Di. Not heard it yet tho'. There is also a similar product available from Naim - the nVi. I've heard good reports about it and the option of DVI output. Not much more expensive than the Linn. I don't believe the Linn offers DVI(?). Which is the drawback of all in one boxes when it's time to upgrade. Rotel have a couple of all in one products also.
      Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"