does anyone hear MF A5 and Rega Apollo and Krell?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

does anyone hear MF A5 and Rega Apollo and Krell?

Hi,
    Does anyone hear either or both Musical Fidelity A5 and Rega Apollo and Krell CD player? What is your opinion?
    thanks.
  • alebonau
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by audiofan
    Hi,
    Does anyone hear either or both Musical Fidelity A5 and Rega Apollo and Krell CD player? What is your opinion?
    thanks.
    only heard the mf a5 out of that trio, haven't done any comparisons.

wasn't impressed with the build of the mf a5 cd. Also not sure in the value in it as seems a cheap transport coupled to basically the equivalent of the mf x series trio(x dac, xpsu, x10). And the price of that trio is less than half asked for the cd player.

Sound wise a very smooth sounding player. Sounded very nice in the a5 pre-pwr and pmc setup I listened to it in. You'd need to compare with something else though to get any feel of its metle !
    "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

I got to listen to the Apollo recently and I think it's a excellent but not stellar player, but for half the price you can get the similar sounding Cambridge Audio Azure 650C.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• audiofan
        • May 2004

Do you mean 650C compared to Rega? I probably give Arcam CD192 or CD36 a try.

thanks.

Comment

• gostan
          • May 2003

Originally posted by audiofan
          Hi,
          thanks.
          I had the opportunity to listen to the MF A5 and the Krell along with the Rega Planet (not the Apollo). The Krell sound was not for me at all. The A5 was very nice, but I have all black components. I ended up with a Cary CD303-300 (after listening to about 6 other players) which has the best of both worlds with a solid state and a tube output.

Keep listening to lots of players with in-home demo's if you can and then you will make the correct choice.
          Stan

Comment

• audiofan
            • May 2004

I read review about new Cary cdp. It sounds like a great player even though i have never heard of it. However, the price is spicy and out of my budget... well i will keep looking .

thanks for all advices.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"