Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Cello Duet-350

Anyone ever listen to one?
    Opinions.
    B&W
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Are you asking out of random curiosity or are you thinking about buying one?

A few years ago, while Cello operated a display room in conjunction with their local custom-install operation (long since closed), our Houston HT Group went to check it out. The facility had a half million dollar custom designed demo room loaded with Cello gear both electronics and speakers, although I was intrigued to note that they were using the same brand and model of non-Cello subwoofer that I have at home in my system.

The room was almost completely "dead" acoustically, so anything we heard was truly the result of the surround sound system. With the appropriate material and with the right settings, the Cello system sounded pretty darned good in the demo.

The Cello electronics were built like a tank and offered top rate performance. They were also priced in the category of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". :>) The most recent Cello-branded amplifier models list for $17,000 -- $20,000. However, I'm not too sure that the company now using the Cello brand name is the same one that developed the line in years past.

I imagine you are looking at "pre-owned" equipment, since the "current" Cello product line (last updated over three years ago) does not include the model you are showing in your post. More than likely, though, it was included in the setup we heard in that demo several years ago, since we were told they had managed to incorporate just about every product in their line.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI Race,
      Trivia time.

If I'm not mistaken, the original Cello line was started by Mark Levinson (the man). Is that true Burke?

Sparky

Comment

• Race Car Driver
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

From my understanding yes, and he now started a company called Red Rose Music.

Thanks for the reply, a pre owned one caught my attention.. thought, huh, i bet that would sound nice with the 802s.....
        B&W

Comment

• bleeding ears
          • Nov 2004

Wow! great looking amp, makes me drool.

Do you know any of the specs on it?

It does however look a little like my stainless steel oven.
          Hopefully it would not get that hot though. LOL

pete :lol:

Comment

• Race Car Driver
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

350x2 at 8 ohm, 600 at 4, and 1200 bridged.
            I believe it weighs around 100 lbs, the important specs i dont have infront of me, i can get em when i go home.

A bit spendy though, I should quit looking, im sure as most of you know.. looking is dangerous!
            B&W

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"