X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UCLAman
    • Oct 2005

Karaoke Players

Anyone out there have a karaoke player connect to their home theater system? I got this idea from my very young daughter. ONe day she was holding a remote as a mic and was trying to sing lyrics as music played from my system. SO I thought, huh, my wife also like to sing to songs. Why not invest in a karaoke machine/player? What do others have?

I was planning on having a 2 mic setup with mixer and a 2 disk (CD+G) player. :E
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I have my HTPC setup up to filter out the voices and a mic connected, that's it. A friend of mine buys some VCDs that actually has just the instrumental with the lyrics like you see at the Karaoke places. If you want, I'll ask about it.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Karaoke can be done in a number of ways. One way is with a CD+G player and discs. These players often have the mic input already on them. Another is a regular DVD player and Karaoke VCD or DVDs. Add a mic mixer to the system and bingo, instant karaoke. Lastly, you could get one of those "vocal removers" and use regular CDs. I don't know how well those things work though, and you won't get the scrolling lyrics.

If you get one of those all-in-one karaoke machines (the kind with the CD+G player, screen, mic and speaker), you can take your karaoke anywhere, but you can still hook it up to your stereo or HT system.

Comment

• EAmin
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by UCLAman
        Anyone out there have a karaoke player connect to their home theater system? I got this idea from my very young daughter. ONe day she was holding a remote as a mic and was trying to sing lyrics as music played from my system. SO I thought, huh, my wife also like to sing to songs. Why not invest in a karaoke machine/player? What do others have?

I was planning on having a 2 mic setup with mixer and a 2 disk (CD+G) player. :E
        I have a CD-G player hooked up to my system --- plugged into my Rotel 1098. It is a lot of fun. Assuming you are in L.A., give AceKaraoke a try. There are several locations. They have various models to choose from. But definitely CD-G is the way to go as it sounds very close to the original recording.

Have fun!

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

Here's what I have

Plugs in just like a DVD player.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"