X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgethomson
    • Feb 2006

impedance matching

hi there

i hope someone can help i seem to be going round in circles.

i am trying to place a speaker box inplace of where there used to be a headset. i am planning to use an 8 ohm speaker and the headset was 180 ohms. does anyone know how to work it out or can some one do it for me???

many thanks in advance
  • whoaru99
    • Jul 2004

Details of what you are connecting the headphone/speaker to may be helpful to give a good answer.
    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• georgethomson
      • Feb 2006

hi

thanks for replying

the info i have is the headphone impedance is 230 ohms (sorry i thought it was lower) the output level at 0.5v/1khzis 81dba. there is an amplifier that feeds the headphones, which i'm still planning to use and the data i have for that is freq range 63-1600hz -6db, amplification 200mV/200ohms at an input signal of 4mV/1Khz, supply voltage 15-27V and power consumption is 18mA at 27V.

i am planning to use a normal 4 inch 8 ohm speaker.

all the above data was taken of a data sheet so if there is any other infromation i can provide please let me know.

many thanks

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI,
        Sorry to say, it won't work. Headphone jacks have series resistors in place to limit the current draw to prevent just what you are trying to do. If you connect a speaker it will play but at very low volume. Not a good idea. You could connect another amp to the jack. But what's the point?

Sparky

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"