X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSUfan
    • May 2004

In wall speaker cable recommendations

I have my new ht room opened up and I'm getting ready to wire it. Any recommendations on in wall speaker wire? My preference is 12gauge.

Thanks,
    Shane
  • NonSense
    • Nov 2003

I don't have any brand suggestions, but I can share what I have done, and I have been pleased with the results.

I ran a generic fire rated 4 conductor 12AWG in wall cable for all the rear speakers. (The 4 conductor was for Bi-Wire to give some future options, but 2x12AWG and 2x14AWG are also common). I got a spool from the local audio shop. They marked the remaining lenght on the spool when it left, and returned. Just charged me for the usage. I think you can find similar cable from the likes of Home Depot.

Since it was only for the surrounds and I was running a significant length, this was the best option for me. It's not easy to find exotic cable with the fire rated jacket. And most would not want to add the expense for the longer runs.

For the front speakers, my electronics is located up front, so I use short runs of higher end cable (not in the walls) where I do notice the improvement.

Hope this helps.
    Bruce

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

Make sure it's in wall rated. I bought Ixos in wall from ac4l.com

Like Blake, I only use it for my 4 surrounds.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"