X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daravon
    • Feb 2006

Audio noob...what's a good cheap amp?

I recently aquired a set of bookshelf speakers. I have a source. So what do I need as far as ampage? I know nothing about home audio, so please be basic. I don't have a firm budget, I'm looking to find out how much more I need to spend.
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

What kind of speakers did you aquire? What kind of power can they handle?
    B&W

Comment

• Daravon
      • Feb 2006

Energy Connoisseur C-3 Bookshelf Speakers. I haven't heard them yet but I think it's safe to say I'll eventually end up with a subwoofer considering what I listen to. They are going to be sitting in the box till I can afford an amp, so cheap would be good. I saw some stuff on that Super T-amp, that looked decent, but I have a hard time believing it.

Comment

• whoaru99
        • Jul 2004

If you want cheap, the Panasonic XR-55 digital receiver seems like a pretty good setup.

Even though it's primarily a HT receiver, it does have an interesting dual-amp and bi-amp/bi-wire function that's geared toward stereo listening.

IMO it's pretty tough to beat at about $200. I use one in my bedroom second system for stereo and HT.
        There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"