X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Here I sit... no processor...

Well, the Sunfire TGII finally kicked the bucket...
    Dunno WTF happend, but i think something burnt up inside, sudden static, then nothing.
    So today I boxed it up, sent off to Sunfire for repair.
    Now what!?
    Ahh, plug in the variable RCA out of the Denon into the Aragon and continue on like a trooper! Well, not after replacing one of the 802 bass drivers because of the Sunfire freak out. :x

And you know what? its not to bad!
    Maybe when the TGII gets back from repair, Ill sell it and kick it old school.... or something? :lol:
    B&W
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Sucks to hear that. Hope you get back your toy soon. Any idea/plan on what kind of processor you want next (if any)?
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Perhaps we could arrange to have it air dropped for service by one of our resident pilots? Bummer on the outtage. That's the thing about all things mechanical or electronic. When they fail, it's a drag.

Doug
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Maybe Chris could do one of those hi-speed parachute-braking-sled drops to him. :

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Hmmm... I'll submit a request to the Air Force tomorrow... in triplicate... with a TPS report cover sheet...

Don't hold your breath.

On a serious note, the basic perspective I've found to be VERY helpful in these situations, is this: Whatever your hobby is, WHEN something breaks, (not IF) fix it to go faster/better/louder/whatever. If you're going to spend money to repair something, then's the time to spend a little extra and either fix it better than ever, or just buy a new and better one. Even if it stretches your pocketbook.

IMHO.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Race Car Driver
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

I concur.
            B&W

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Whatever your hobby is, WHEN something breaks, (not IF) fix it to go faster/better/louder/whatever. If you're going to spend money to repair something, then's the time to spend a little extra and either fix it better than ever, or just buy a new and better one. Even if it stretches your pocketbook.
              Ahh, the Tim Taylor school of repair thought process. Increase horsepower, wattage, add a motor, jet propel it, turbocharge it, and super tune it!

I remember well Tim's chain saw 2 cycle garbage disposal. :B

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"