Questions on Vienna acoustics Mozart: Who knows? What choice of componants?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sable
    • Jan 2006

Questions on Vienna acoustics Mozart: Who knows? What choice of componants?

After several months of listening different systems, I am about to decide myself to purchase a hifi system including amplifier + CD reader + speakers, based on the Vienna Acoustics Mozart speakers.

First of all, let me explain my musical tastes: opera, symphonic music, organ, piano, flute... and my wife is mainly listening blues.

In terms of budget, I was in the range of 2500 euros (3000 USD), but I am ready to slightly exceed 3000 euros (3600 USD) if needed (which seems the case with Mozart speakers)

Some criteria which particularly hold my attention:
    - no too big speakers
    - not of system where the soprano is screaming (3 hours of Mozart then become unbearable)
    - sufficient accuracy to hear what occurs to the various places from the scene (it is quiet important opera)
    - Good enough bass (it is important for Wagner)
    - properly fast and fluid (it is important for the flute)
    -a system which restores without improving (it is unbearable to see Glenn Gould becoming Martha Argerich)
    In short, too much for my budget.

In fact, after having listened many speakers within 800-1300 euros (1000-1500 USD) the pair (Quad, Kef, JM.Reynaud, Triangle...), I found the Vienna Acoustics Mozart which I immediately liked. I like it the beauty of the voices, its neutrality, the fair support of bass (however I don't need too much of it), the lack of tiredness on high frequencies and its design (size and quality of finish). I listened to them with an Atoll amplifier IN 100 and the CD reader Marantz SA8400, which remains certainly to be improved, with a more precise CD reader and to lower the total budget.

My questions:
    - did somebody knows these speakers, what comments do you have, with which electronics?
    - what do you think of the choice of the Atoll amplifier on these speakers? Any other ideas around 800 euros (900 USD)? What about Kora 90 CSC?
    - as far the CD reader, I will soon listen the Rotel RCD 02 with these speakers, I also thought about the Atoll CD 80: what do you think about it? Any other ideas between 400-800 euros (500-900 USD)?

Thank you in advance for your comments. Sorry for my English which is maybe not perfectly clear.
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

Hi Sable. I know these speakers and the Vienna Acoustics pretty well. I auditoined extensively recently. These are GREAT sounding speakers. They are very smooth, warm, inviting speakers. In fact, I want to buy these speakers for a 2nd system. To me they are just perfect for a relaxing.

I heard them paired with Mcintosh amps and a REL sub. The sound was soo amazing. Very full and sweet. Every time I think about it I want to go and purchase a pair. Right now I am debating if I should get the VA as my main system. I am not too sure because for me they may be too mellow for critical listening. Dont get me wrong, when I am in the mood to just sit back with some cognac and a book, I cant imaging a better speaker. Anyway, sorry for going on and on. Thinking about the VA gets me very emotional!

Comment

• Sable
      • Jan 2006

I finally chose

I finally bought the following system:
      - Speakers: Vienna Acoustics Mozart
      - Amp: Atoll IN 100
      - CD: Rotel RCD 02
      Alltogether for 3200 Euros including cables

I tried various CD and I found Rotel much better in this price range (Cambridge, NAD, Atoll, Marantz 8400) but I found that some details were lost. The Rotel is much more accurate, and finally not agressive thanks to the speakers.

I should receive the system next week. I wil let you know how it sounds after few hours of listening

Comment

• nlvideos
        • Feb 2006

Do you like your speakers?

Hi Sable,
        I just returned from Phoenix, AZ where I heard the most fantastic sound coming out of Vienna Mozart speakers.

How do you like your speakers by now?
        Brian Barkley
        Overland Park, Kansas

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"