X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herbonbay
    • Jan 2005

inching toward the edge

The other night I was well into my third scotch, comfortably placed for the evening in my listening chair, when I noticed the change in musical dynamics when my chin was on my chest. One head position led to another, and I soon found myself pulling on my ears and eventually cupping my hands behind them. I don't know if this little scotch induced experiment pointed to a problem with my own particular ears of with ears in general, but the enhancement of detail and clarity with cupped hand enabled ears was startling. I now feel as if my next upgrade should be ear augmentation, the Krell can wait.The next time your listening to music and your wife isn't watching, cup your hands and place them behind your ears, and then let me know if you would like to order my new product. I'm working on the prototype now. I think I'll call them "Big Ears", and I promise they will be less than a Krell. Or maybe I'll just cut back on the scotch.
    Herb
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Maybe a pair of these will do the trick!

Attached Files
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• Herbonbay
      • Jan 2005

Yes! Just look at that expression! It's obviously the first time this kid ever actually heard a brush on a snare drum. However, my product will be much more attractive. :T
      Herb

Comment

• Ryko
        • Jan 2006

lol i use to cup my ears and listen to things and how they sound differently when i was like 6. Look at the ears on animals, why do you think they have much better hearing. i know its MORE than just that but if you look at the shape of their ears its sort of like a horn..the sound gets "swallowed" in..i think you get what im saying..

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Hey, where did you guys get my picture?

:rofl:
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• NMyTree
            • May 2004

Now that's a tweak! :B

You know, why don't you submit this to the Advertiser Index, see if you can get distribution and we can do a "Group Buy" here at the htguide?!?!?! :rofl:

Disclaimer: I have an odd and often warped sense of humor. The above comments were meant as a good natured joke. Not as an attempt to offend anyone.

Disclaimer II: The above joke was not tested on animals. No animals were used or hurt. No insects were maimed. If you should choose to use this at home, use sparingly. During usage please take precautions and duck out of the way of flying produce flung in your direction. May cause family members and friends to leave you on a deserted back road, in the middle of nowhere. Do not mix with alcohol or prescription drugs. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and intoxicated New Jersey Devils fans.
            Tony

Comment

• Dave_H
              • Dec 2005

Don't mean to throw cold water on your entepreneurial spirit but I could swear I have seen these before. IIRC they were called BigEars. As for me - the scotch works just fine all by itself :-)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"