X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

Need Help With Classe Purchase.

Hello All,

I'm a newbie, to Classe amps. I have some savings to upgrade my speakers setup, but this came my way in the meantime. I got an offer of buying Classe Pre/Power. the models are Dr-25-Power, DR-5-Pre. for $2,150. he might come down to $2000. now here is where I need you all experts help,

1. How does these two mates and sounds together...??? (I'm only exposed to Rotel and Nad Sound, (I like smooth warm sound) so I do not know how this sounds as of now I did not listen to it, which I will be doing soon. this weekend)

2. My future upgrade will be a pair of 805S, unless 805D's are around.. does this mate well with this speakers or overkill these speakers as the amp has 250WPC. and speakers are 120WPC.

3. what are my scopes of building future 5Ch setup, if you think it is a good
    buy.

4. It is lot of money for me as all my savings will go in this. please help me taking right decision and better upgrade path..

I thank you all in advance for all the help/advice.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

While the companies are related, this isn't a Rotel question. Moved to the audio forum.

Kevin D.

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

Personally, I believe, that if all of savings will go into this purchase, then maybe you should wait until a more monetarily stable time in your life comes along. What are your current pre/power units?

Comment

• pramod
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
        While the companies are related, this isn't a Rotel question. Moved to the audio forum.

Kevin D.

Oh Sorry,

Since I'm a Newbee, I do not know the rule's... Sorry for the Goof-up.

How can I move this thread to audio forum...??? or just close this thread...??

Pramod.
        Last edited by pramod; 19 January 2006, 09:08 Thursday.

Comment

• pramod
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by miner
          Personally, I believe, that if all of savings will go into this purchase, then maybe you should wait until a more monetarily stable time in your life comes along. What are your current pre/power units?

Hi miner,

Since this is not the right place for Classe question, as Kevin said, I will send you a personal post with the details..

Thx for your reply.
          Best Pramod.
          Last edited by pramod; 19 January 2006, 09:07 Thursday.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by pramod
            Oh Sorry,

Since I'm a Newbee, I do not know the rule's... Sorry for the Goof-up.

How can I move this thread to audio forum...??? or just close this thread...??

Pramod.
            Heh.. I had all ready moved it after my reply.. Good luck!

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"