X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Redbook on Denon 2900 has crapped out

Normally, I play CDs through my CD player, but today I went to play a CD on the Denon and it won't read it. Tried a bunch of CDs as well as the redbook layer on an SACD, and nothing. It'll either get stuck at "Loading" or result in "No Play."

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to do a "reset" on the machine? Any ideas/suggestions before I contact Denon?
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Most likely this means your optical pick-up is faulty. It has two lasers, one for CD, and another for DVD/SACD. If one fails, the type of disc corresponding to the faulty laser won't play.

Comment

• will1066
      • Aug 2003

That's what I'm afraid of, but thanks Kevin.

Comment

• gostan
        • May 2003

Hey Will:

Good thing you have that great Arcam player.

Stan
        Stan

Comment

• will1066
          • Aug 2003

Yeah, Stan. I'd rather have it still able to play the other formats. It's out of warranty, so if it doesn't turn out to cost an arm and leg, I'll fix it. But I can take my time to do it, as long as it still plays movies and hi-res.

Comment

• gostan
            • May 2003

Originally posted by will1066
            Yeah, Stan. I'd rather have it still able to play the other formats. It's out of warranty, so if it doesn't turn out to cost an arm and leg, I'll fix it. But I can take my time to do it, as long as it still plays movies and hi-res.
            I understand. However, I suspect that it will not be cheap to fix and that if you send it to Denon, that it will be out of commission for quite a while. Then, what will you use to watch movies.

I hope that your Denon dealer will take good care of you. Mine would probably give me a demo during repair period.
            Stan

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Hope things work out for you Will1066.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• hal
                • Jul 2003

Denon 2900 repaired

Mine started being picky with SACDs -- only about 10% of my collection. Every other format played fine. Replaced the "laser" (sorry, I've got no more details from dealer) and all is well. Sounds like there have been a slew of similar problems. Mine was covered under extended warranty (one of the few I've ever bought!).

Comment

• will1066
                  • Aug 2003

Mine was purchased so long ago, even the extended warranty has run out. lol

If I send it out, I have my FAR LESS PICKY cheapo Sony 715P as backup.

Been a long time, Azeke. Hope you're well.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"