X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Classe Remote turn on module

I just purchased a Classe CA-101 amp and on the back it has a phone style port for a remote turn on module that Classe used to use for remote turn, there are no mini plug type trigger ports at all, My dealer said that Classe no longer makes the module. Does anyone have any idea if one can be made or if a 12v trigger could be added?
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Soundgravy
    I just purchased a Classé CA-101 amp and on the back it has a phone style port for a remote turn on module that Classé used to use for remote turn, there are no mini plug type trigger ports at all, My dealer said that Classé no longer makes the module. Does anyone have any idea if one can be made or if a 12v trigger could be added?
    No, you can't add a 12V trigger to the existing RJ12 jack because the method of operation is different from that of a standard trigger. The remote turn-on feature on your CA-101 requires momentary closure of the contacts of an s.p.s.t. switch in order to work (duplicates the action of depressing the power switch on the front panel). Standard triggers require continued application of 12V to keep the amp turned on. The Classé Remote Interface Module was meant to work in conjunction with the remote for Classé preamps. I don't know why Classé ever went with that type of remote turn-on in the earlier legacy amps instead of a standard trigger. :huh: Later production runs of the same amp came with the standard trigger. The Remote Interface was cool though. It looked like a little component unto itself and could control up to 6 amplifiers simultaneously. FWIW, following is a diagram from Classé for a wired remote pigtail switch with/without LED using an RJ12 phone connector and 6-conductor cord that will permit manual turn-on of your amp if its located in an inconvenient or not readily accessible location.
    Last edited by Glen B; 19 January 2006, 18:12 Thursday.

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Thanks Glen, that is a really weird setup that they made. I called Classe and they didnt really have any answers either. On option they gave me was just to leave my amp on all of the time. I dont know if I want to do that.
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"