X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Revox help

My B-I-L has a Revox integrated amp (45w/ch) that he bought new in 1984. He has develpoed a problem that I can not diagnose. He seems to have a 'crackling' in one of the channels, or so we thought. When he reversed the channels (amp has a reverse channel function knob) the crackling was coming from the same speaker (right speaker 'A' pair {ADS L-710}). Ah ha, so it is the speaker you say. Problem is it is also making the crackling sound from his 'B' pair right speaker, even with the 'A' pair off. Since it is not channel-relevant or speaker-relevant what could it be? I am baffled.

Interconnects would indicate channel-relevant as would speaker cable.
    Last edited by miner; 27 December 2005, 17:20 Tuesday.
    • Nov 2005

HI,
    Rather than using the switch to reverse channels, physically change them on the rear of the amp. Indication so far is the problem is in the reversing switch or relay.

Sparky

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Karma
      HI,
      Rather than using the switch to reverse channels, physically change them on the rear of the amp. Indication so far is the problem is in the reversing switch or relay.

Sparky
      OK, update. When he listens to his tuner the 'noise' is not there. He has told me he is using high-dollar ICs. I was beginning to think it may be a bad voice coil in his speaker (ADS L810). But even when he has these off the noise is in his right 'B' speaker. We are both dumbfounded even more now.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"