X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marshahu_cr
    • Aug 2003

Low cost receiver w/2x Analogue Multi channel inputs

I have decided to upgrade my SR4300 receiver to something a bit better and which uses my 6.1 speakers to the full. The annoying problem is because of the one 6.1 analogue input socket I have to keep swapping cables everytime I wish to use the DVD Audio player for DVD Audio discs, because I also have my computer's Audigy 2 plugged in through this method. Also there is no component video input on this unit, the best I can get is S-Video. Last but not least, the unit only has Dolby Pro Logic II which doesn't use the rear center speaker and upmixing isn't that good with games. OK the other algorithms (CircleSurround II and DTS Neo:6) are in many cases better or idendical to Dolby Pro Logic II but depending on the material they don't always suffice.

Basically I am looking for a low cost, affordable receiver with the following:

- Dolby Pro Logic IIx
    - Component Video out if possible with an video upmix
    - HDMI interface so its ready for HDTV and I can get multi channel sound from Sky HD broadcasts and my PS3 (once bought)
    - An 8CH Analogue Input and a 6CH Analogue Input (One for PC sound card and one for the DVD Audio player)

I remember Sony's QS range of amplifiers had two Multi Channel inputs but it was unclear from Sony's specifications as to whether these were 6CH or 8CH.

My budget is very tight which is why I am sticking to brands such as Sony, low end Denon, Marrantz, and low end Yamaha. I understand the top line models have all these features but they are just too big to fit under my TV, many of the features are overkill even for me, and I simply cannot afford that much. Also many of the amps are too powerful for my speakers - my JBLs can only handle 100W peak input, so they perform comfortably on my 80W Marantz.

Any recommendations??
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"