better cd sound: i-link dvd player or dedicated cd player?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krek
    • Jun 2005

better cd sound: i-link dvd player or dedicated cd player?

Hello there,

I own a Pioneer receiver wich has an i-link input on board. I read that there are sound quality benefits when using this input instead of an analoge or coaxial input.

Here's my question: what to buy when the decision is made on cd playback quality? A dedicated cd player of around 500 euro or a Pioneer dvd player which had i-link output (like the new dv989 or the older 868 model).

Has anyone out there done a 1 to 1 comparison?
  • gostan
    • May 2003

I have not done an a-b comparison, but my understanding of the Pioneer i-link and the Denon link is that they each provide a one cable connection and that the sound and or picture, where applicable, is no better than an analogue or coaxial connection.

So, if this is true, a stand alone cd player would provide you with superior sound. My new cd player is far superior sound-wise to my Denon 2900 DVD player.

Good luck with your upgrade.

Stan
    Stan

Comment

• csuzor
      • Nov 2004

Without a doubt, a dedicated cd player. The only other audiophile option is to use an average cd player or transport, and connect the digital out to an outboard DAC.

No receiver can decode PCM better than a similarly priced CD player. Just make sure you get good analog interconnects to preserve all the audio quality, and use bypass or direct mode on the receiver to avoid another ADC + DAC conversion.

Comment

• FENDEBENDER
        • Sep 2005

iLINK is great if you have a pioneer receiver with this option becuse when its set up with the macc all speakers and level have been adjusted inclubidng your bass mangement (now u don;t have to mess with the dvd setup stuff unless you do the anolog route) etc the digtial signal is passed straight through to the receiver. it's really awesome.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"