I'm looking suggestion on new audio rack.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

I'm looking suggestion on new audio rack.

Hi,
    I want to get a new rack for my 2channel system (3 or 4 shelves). Would you please recommend one in range of $150 - $300?

thanks.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Try an email to Brent Huskins at forum sponsor Media Design Centre. I bet he'll hook you up :T
    Jason

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

I went with a Studiotech 5 shelf design for ~$300 thru an online site which sold it directly from Studiotech. I sent you a PM regarding that.

Lovan would be another nice suggestion.

Comment

• KeithM
        • Oct 2005

Would you have the tools to build it yourself?

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

Another option to explore is Salamander Designs. Their products are handsome, sturdy and versatile. What I especially like is that you can expand what you have as your system grows/changes instead of replacing it. I recently went from DIY racks to Salamander Synergy for my 2-channel and HT systems. I even added a door and lock to the 2-ch. rack afterwards, to keep my 3-yr. old grandson from messing with my components (see my before and after pics). Audio Advisor has the Salamander Archetype 5-shelf for $250.00 and Synergy S20 3-shelf for $300.00. If you can spring for the Synergy S30 5-shelf, they have it for $449.00.

Salamander at Audio Advisor: http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/mf...Designs&Page=3

My 2-channel rack without and with door/lock:
          Last edited by Glen B; 18 November 2005, 00:22 Friday.

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

Would you have the tools to build it yourself?
            I built a flexi before and while I found them to work and be a nice cheap way to get a rack, they are flimsy compared to the ones that I've seen from Salamander, Studiotech, BDI or Lovan.

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

I switched to sand box racks after trying several manufactured ones, some of which were very expensive. While vibration control isn't very important for electronics like it is for a turntable, I found that the sand box method even helped for digital playback.
              They can look as nice as any peice of furniture and can be made out of wood or MDF. For just 3 shelves I would think that your local cabinet maker could make them for you and stay in your price range. Especially if you do the finish. Here is a good web page showing how to make them:
              Japan, a land of ancient traditions and modern marvels, has given the world a unique form of martial art that stands as a testament to its rich cultural heritage: Sumo Wrestling. This traditional

Comment

• r100gs
                • May 2005

For the price, VTI is hard to beat. http://www.vtimanufacturing.com/BL%20Series.htm
                Jay

Comment

• audiofan
                  • May 2004

Thank you all for great suggestions.

Comment

• DifferentLee
                    • Apr 2005

The Salamander's are in my system and I love them.

Comment

• bimmer528
                      • Sep 2004

I just bought a triple 30. I am selling old, name your price.

Real mahogany wood. I build it several years ago.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

• Bob
                        • Jul 2000

Audiofan,
                        So, what did you end up getting?

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

I also HIGHLY recommend Salamander. I have two racks, one single 30, and a triple 30. Some extras, too, like a door, side panels, extended rear, rack mounts, etc. I don't think these racks can be beat.
                          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                          - Pleasantville

Comment

• audiofan
                            • May 2004

Bob, I think i'm going with VTI rack . I see one at the local audio store . It looks solid and nice. The link you gave is really great. However, i am not handy in wood working... even though i like the the rack.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"