X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markmm
    • Nov 2005

Q? about SVS Subs

Trying to decided between the PB12 Plus /2 and the PB12 Ultra. The Plus / 2 has 2 12", while the Ultra has 1 but of better quality. I sent SVS and e-mail and they said it was a matter of taste, but the personally he liked the added feel of the 2 subs over the higher quality 1 sub. They're both the same price.

Just want to get this board's thoughts.

Thanks!
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

How big is your room? If you room is not that big and the Ultra will be cruising in the spl category then it would be the way to go but if you are in a fairly large room and will stress it out some, then you will want the extra headroom the plus gives you.

Comment

• Markmm
      • Nov 2005

It's a very small room right now. Will practially be a foot rest. (just kidding). However I'm hoping to move in the next year and build out a nice bigger theatre. I suppose I could always add a second at that time.

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

That's what I'd suggest.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Yeah if you are willing to spend double the money down the road the two PC-Ultras will sound better than the PB12-Plus/2..

Though if you like the box style, just go straight for the PB12-Ultra/2. That's the best of all worlds...though the two PC-Ultras, natively have a lower tune.

I'm one that likes the cylinder looks as people go WTF when they see them.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

Though if you like the box style, just go straight for the PB12-Ultra/2.
            2 single ultras will have more output than a pb12ultra/2 though. It's also about $700 more to start with compared to the other options.

Comment

• wirepuller
              • Jan 2005

I went throught the same dilema when I bought my sub. I ended up going with the Ultra after everything was said and done. My room is roughly 14 x 14 X 8 with an open doorway to a small kitchen. The sub does the job with no problem. Actually wound up being a perfect end table!

I decided on the Ultra based on the fact that it will play cleaner at lower volumes and will have very close to the same headroom. I still wonder what the +2 would do in my room but I have no regrets.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"