X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jclyle
    • Feb 2005

Washington DC area hifi shops

Hey-
    Just wondering if there are many hifi shops around the DC area that have a large selection of gear - both new & used. Im 2 hours away (Richmond VA) and might head up one weekend. There arent many stores here so im looking for a store with a large selection & polite staff....
  • pistolpete
    • Oct 2005

Have not been there but have heard great things about them.

Pete

Comment

• JazzGuyy
      • Nov 2003

Richmond isn't that bad if you stay away from one dealer. I found my new speakers (Von Schweikerts) in Richmond even though I looked in other places (Norfolk area, for one).

Comment

• Squareloop
        • Nov 2005

jclyle,

Check out Gifted Listener Audio in Centreville, VA (just off I66). They have a great selection of new and used gear. They know what they are doing.

Lou

Comment

• Cyclesberuff
          • Jun 2005

I you go a little further into Md.to Audio Video Solution in Laurel md 301 953 7242 they are a rotel dealer with used equipment

for higher end equipment tubes and the like there is Stansbury AV in millersville md www.Stansburyav.com 1 443 871 0547

Thats the high end stuff in md just north of DC I'm sure there are others.

Other than that the yellow pages can direct you to the "mickey d" stores

Comment

• thyname
            • Jan 2005

I got my Rotels at Myer-Emco, Bailey's Crossroads in VA. They have around 8 shops, I believe all over DC area. Got mine with a small discount as well. They also sell B&W speakers as well.

Comment

• Wayne E
              • May 2004

A few more shops in the area ...

- Sound Worx (sp?) in Kensington, MD (Wilson, Aerial Acoustics, Audio Fidelity, Arcam, Totem, etc.)
              - Sound Images in Falls Church, VA (JM Labs, Klipsch, NAD, Esoteric, Arcam)
              - Audio Buys in Manassas, VA (PSB, Paradigm, Integra, Denon)

Comment

• Wayne E
                • May 2004

Originally posted by pistolpete
                Have not been there but have heard great things about them.

Pete
                They have probably the best selection of DynAudio speakers within 500 miles of the area. Plus, they purchased lots of models from the previous year, so some sweet discounts are available on new DynAudio speakers - if you don't mind last year's model. Plus, they have some used gear that they do take on trade. Some Bryston gear in the store and Meridan that I saw (and heard) the last time I was there.

Out of all the local shops, JS Audio has got to be about the cleanest and most organized shop I've been in. Certainly, no Best Buy flunkies are running the show in this shop.

Comment

• thepogue
                  • Dec 2005

we have a few in the Tidewater area...

and it should be a couple hours.

VBeach - Digtial Sound (Linn, B&W, Rotel, Classe, Von Swanker Great guy (Leo)

Digital Sound
                  6517 Auburn Dr
                  Virginia Beach, VA 23464-3606
                  (757) 424-5850

Domes - http://www.domesav.com/

good luck! Pogue

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"