X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • faltudak
    • Oct 2005

RXV-2300 - Convert 2 Channel to 5 Channel

I am having Yamaha RXV-2300 and Klipsch RF-35 home theatre speaker system. Most of the audio CDs I have are 2 channel, how I can listen these audio CDs on five channels.

I believe you can set this up in the receiver, RXV-2300, would appreciate if someone can guide me how to do this.

Thanks in advace.

-FD
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Once you've hooked up your 5 speakers to your receiver, listening on all 5 channels is as simple as selecting any of the surround modes on the remote/receiver (ie jazz club, stadium, etc, etc).

These modes can be used regardless of whether the source player is 2 channel, 5 channel, analog, digital ...

Paul

Comment

• Snap
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2005

I thought the yammy's also had 5 chan and 7 chan stereo as well? I know several of them do to include my RX-V657. But that is the best way IMHO to listen to 2 chan stereo with all your speakers.

It is used a lot when people have sat speakers. They get all 5 of the sat speakers cranking and they can get some pretty good volume out of the deal.
      The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• whoaru99
        • Jul 2004

Most of the surround modes will matrix 2-ch sources to all the speakers.

I don't have the Yamaha, but I much prefer one or more of the surround modes to all channel stereo if I'm so inclined to play 2-ch through all, or at least most, speakers.

The surround modes have the possibility, IMO, to provide some ambience that all channel stereo does not provide in my setup.

BTW, I like AnthemLogic and DPLIIx music mode, when so inclined. But you will not have AnthemLogic on a Yamaha and I don't know if that particular model has DPLIIx either. But Yamaha usually does have quite a wide selection of modes that would be along those lines.
        There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"