X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • extreme
    • Sep 2005

HELP!!! How to use processor mode on Adcom GFP750

Hi,
    I am having a problem with using the processor mode on Adcom GFP750. I connect the DVD player to my processor, and the processor connects its pre-out (line out) to the processor-in on GFP750. GFP750 connects to the Amp with the regular output. After I turn on the processor mode, there is very week sound out of the front speakers with the maximum volume on the processor. If I connect the processor's pre-out directly to the Amp, everything works fine. My regular setup: CD player->GPF750->Amp->speakers works fine too. I can not figure out what is the problem on my setup, nor the tech support from Adcom. Could anyone give me a hand? Thank you.

Extreme
  • Uncle Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

In which mode are you playing your DVD player (Passive or active) According to the Manufact. you're suppose to use the passive mode which would only allow the "Gain" control to work.

So Line level outputs from DVD or to the Pre-amp input THEN Pre-amp out to Amplifier.

Make sure you change the "audio Settings" in the DVD audio menu from "Bitstream" to "PCM"
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• extreme
      • Sep 2005

Thank you for your replay. I used both mode and no help.

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

I have the adcom gfp750 and am using it exactly as you described and it works just fine.

I would double check the connections once again, there could possibly be something wrong with either preamp or the processor it self.

I wouldn't think bitstream or PCM would make much of a difference since its the main speaker were talking about.

What processor are you using?
        What DVD player are you using?

Comment

• extreme
          • Sep 2005

Problem is solved

I have solved problem: processor-in actually means the output for GFP750 and same for the processor-out. Very confusion label from ADCOM and completely wrong diagram in its user's manual. Lossy job for Adcom!
          Thank for everybody's help!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
            Former Moderator
            • Jan 2002

Good to know!!

Now enjoy....................
            CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"