Mark No.431 or Classe CA220 for nautilus?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

Mark No.431 or Classe CA220 for nautilus?

I'm looking for a pair of snail Nautilus but need to buy 8 channels of amplification, maybe 4 Stereo Mark Levinson or 4 Stereo Classe CA-2200 both can deliver 200watts per channel and both are at aprox the same price, Any sugestions?
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

First off, how about a couple of dedicated circuits - one for each speaker? As far as the amps are concerned I'll have to let someone else speak.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Aldo
      • Sep 2005

Circuits? Sorry but I do not have an idea what they are for, could you ilustrate me?

Comment

• RNKC
        • Jun 2005

I just upgraded from a Proceed Amp5 to a Levinson 432 for my front channels (N802). The difference was noticible yet subtle. I got the 432 on Audiogon where there were a few sales going on. The 432 was only $200 more than the 431 which is why I got it.

I am enjoying immensely the 432 right now. The small details really come out and sometimes just make me smile that I'm getting this quality of sound from the system. On the whole though, I honestly don't think the 432 is necessary for my N802 speakers. I'm not regretting the purchase one bit - but I think the 431 would have been adequate for N802.

No comments on the Classe as I haven't tried it, but the Levinson will likely suit your needs.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"