X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe lubrano
    • Aug 2005

Creating home theater with 2 channel gear

I have an Adcom 200w 2 channel amp w/ Adcom preamp/tuner. Practically, can I create a surround system using this gear? Or, am I better off getting a good 5 channel receiver (Rotel) and save my heavy duty stuff for music listening only? Cost is indeed a factor.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

You could certainly connect a DVD player or cable box to your Adcom and have a "2 channel home theater", but to get surround sound and video switching you'll need to get a HT capable receiver or preamp and amps.

If cost is a factor, you could always start out with a "2 channel home theater" and then add a 5.1 or 7.1 capable receiver for HT down the road. And you can continue to use your existing setup for music.

Comment

• David G
      • Jan 2005

Keep your 2 ch gear and by a good AV receiver with main pre-outs and drive your main speakers via your pre/power Adcom. Connect your CD to your preamp, not to the AV receiver. Your AV receiver will just drive the surrounds, centre and sub.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"