X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xk8boy
    • Jul 2005

Are XRCD worth it?

I've read the hype from JVC and their philosophy seems to make sense. But as we all know philosophy and actuality are two different things.

Can you experts and everyone give us so practical experiences on this?
  • Duke
    • Dec 2004

I don't know if I am an expert, but I have 2 XRCD's. I have Doug McLeod "come to find" and LIGHTNIN' HOPKINS/GOIN' AWAY. I can say that in my setup, they sound so much better then regular cd's. Everything just sound more there and crisp. I was usure also but I had to know. Now I do. I plan on getting more.

Comment

• krellfan
      • Jul 2005

I have about 30 XRCDs. They are expensive but worth it. I usually buy them the CES or Stereophiles show where they are usually sold for around $20 to $25. There is a significant improvement over the regular CD of the same recording.

Comment

• Jack Keck
        • Jan 2005

Can you play these on a regular CD player or do you need a special kind of CD player?
        Jack

"I walked in a lot of place that I never shoulda been, but I know that the Messiah, He will come again."

Roy Buchanan

Comment

• scottielee
          • Apr 2005

another big fan here, although i only have 7. they sound fantastic. eagerly awaiting more releases.

Comment

• krellfan
            • Jul 2005

XRCD can be played on regular cd player.

Comment

• akhter
              • Jun 2005

One question I have is, once a cd is produced by the XRCD way, why would they not press the regular CD with the same bit data. I mean, the whole point of XRCD is controlling the entire chain from recording to pressing, but the actually pressing can be done by any CD cutting machine. In other words, it seems to me (and correctly me if I am wrong), doing a perfect cd bit-duplication of an XRCD using a PCg SHOULD produce another XRCD, so when the production company goes through all that trouble why not do it for the regular version? Surely by charging a dollar more, they'll make far more by selling 100 times more volume then selling a handful at a much higher premium?

Comment

• sulapovi
                • Aug 2005

Though it's XRCD, my observation is quality of recording lot depends on the recording company & it varies. Recently I bought few CDs from Hong Kong, some how I was not that impressed with the quality of the sound. It's just my opinion.

Comment

• Fife
                  • Apr 2004

The XRCD24 bit sound very good.
                  HOwever, some SACD's do sound better than the XRCD 20 bit and 2 bits.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"