X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jteoh1
    • Jan 2005

Apogee Rosetta 200 vs LavryBlue LE4496

I’d appreciate your sharing of your opinion if you have compared digital-analogue performance between Apogee Rosetta 200 to LavryBlue LE4496.

It may help to share with you some of my previous DAC evaluations I completed. I compared Apogee Rosetta 200, Apogee Mini-DAC and Benchmark DAC1 with my home systems and liked the Rosetta 200 best. The Rosetta is detailed, open and yet musical with good transient attack and well rounded musical decay. Its high and mid frequencies are articulate, clear, sweet and warm. It seems to project a wide sound stage with good depth. The low frequency is tight and never boomy.

The Mini-DAC sounds very close to Rosetta but it is not as resolving and the decay is a bit terse.

The DAC1 was very detailed but sounded a bit thin. It may be great for recording engineers monitoring their mixes with extreme details but to my ears it just didn’t seem musical when the sum of all the detailed parts put together for audio enjoyment for me as an audiophile.

Having shared my personal evaluations, you get an idea my audio preferences. Now, I’ve read some nice reviews of LavryBlue and wondered how well it compares side-by-side with the Rosetta.

Also, I believe the Blue only has only AES/EBU digital interfaces to connect with digital source(s). All my digital sources have Coax and Optical SPDIF interfaces. What SPDIF-to-AES/EBU converter would you recommend? Does digital interface conversion degrade performance?

I’m open to any suggestion for DAC around $1500 to $2500.

Thanks,
    John

My System Configs
    System1: Scientific Atlanta 8300HD Cable Box, Sony DVP-NVP775, Apogee Rosetta 200, McIntosh 200 preamp, dbx iEQ-31 digital EQ, McIntosh MC501 monoblock amps, B&W N802’s

System2: Scientific Atlanta 3250HD Cable Box, JVC DVD player, Apogee Mini-DAC (preamp/dac), McIntosh MC402 amp, dbx iEQ-31 digital EQ, Mackie Onyx 1220 (Mixer/Preamp), Denon 5803 7.1 receiver, B&W DM220i speakers.
  • Dee
    • Jan 2007

Apogee Rosette 200 vs LavryBlue

Hello John,
    Just read your thread re: Apogee Rosette 200 vs LavryBlue from 2 years ago!
    Did you end up with the Lavry or stick with the Apogee? Dee

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"