X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StretchZep
    • Aug 2005

Newbie Needs Help!!!!

Hello all!
    I am taking the plunge!! 8O After being on the planet for 46 years I am finally going to own some decent Audio Gear. Hear is what is about to be purchased and then the Question. RC-1070S.....RB1080S.....Kimber Cable Timber Interconnects....Kimber Cable 8VS Speaker Cable to be ordered today. These will join up with my Denon DCM 380 CD player and outlet into a fine pair of Klipsch RF5's in maple. I am way excited!! The question is do I really need a Monster HTS2600 Line Conditioner? The dealer says yes, I am not a fan of anything Monster! Why not the RLC900? I guess I am wondering just how important this component really is? Thank you in advance for all your replies and I hope to get to know more of you now that I am going to be a Rotel fanatic! ;x( ;x( ;x(
    PS this all comes in at $2100 with the Monster power supply that goes for 350. I am really shooting for staying under the 2500 mark so Richard Gray etc. is out of the question. :T
    [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Sincerely Dave :^x
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

You don't need a power conditioner. Many of us have them for piece of mind but, they are way, way down on the list of ways to improve your system.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hi David, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

Bob's correct, you don't NEED a power conditioner. But depending on the "cleanliness" of the electrical current in your area/home, they can make a difference in the sound. Not a major one, but a noticable one. If your power is not overwhelmed with spikes, drains, etc then it won't be a significant difference. My recommendation is to initially get a good (but not expensive) surge protector and get to know your system and its sound. Then in 3 or 4 months start looking at conditioners. That way you'll be able to judge the impact more accurately.

Good luck! :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• StretchZep
        • Aug 2005

Gear is hooked up and I am hooked!

Wow! That is about all I can say. My new gear has me speechless, mainly because I am so busy listening. Soundstage is incredible, detail is fine as a frogs hair. I am in love with music again. Thanks to this forum for helping me decide on Rotel. Thanks to all the great people on here who answer endless questions. I am a member for life! As an aside try listening to Steve Miller Fly like an Eagle track #11 "Sweet Maree" the Harmonica is killer, I had forgotten this song and just how sweet it is. Rock on! ;x(

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

Did you get Rotel RB-1080/RC-1070 combo? This is what I have and I am very happy with it and with my Axiom M60ti speakers. If you have a lot of redbook cds, you would probably need Rotel RCD-1072 player as well.

Comment

• StretchZep
            • Aug 2005

RB 1080 Rc 1070 with Klipsch RF 5's

Yes I got that set up and the dealer told me that the Denon CD player was going to be my new weak link The never ending wallet busting quest for fine sound! For now I am "really" happy with what I have. I do have a ton of redbook Cd's and I have been playing them like mad since hooking everything up last Saturday evening. I was up till 3AM cranking out the tunes and kept telling my wife" Oh I have to listen to this last one" Gotta Love it!!!

Comment

• thyname
              • Jan 2005

Congratulations David on the new gear and welcome to Rotel world!! I would assume you already know of Club Rotel on this forum. Great source of information for all of us Rotel owners.

Many people there seem to enjoy Klipsch and their horns. I have read great reviews on Denon 2900 universal player, but not familiar with your cdp.

Enjoy your system and your music!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"