X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bamaredwingsfan
    • Dec 2004

Home Theatre Questions and Suggestions

I just recently purchased a house, an i will be setting up my home theater in the living room. I would like some suggestions as to how i should set it up. Here is what i already have.
    1. The room is 29 X 13.6 rectangular shaped room.
    2. I have a sony 7.1 reciever
    3. 47 inch panny widescreen rear projection
    4. I have a self powered sony 10 sub
    5. All speakers are pioneers
    6. Front R an L are 150watt bookcase speakers
    7. The back 4 are 100 watt cube speakers
    8. The center speakers is an older 85watt
    9. I have dish HD reciever
    10 X-box
    11 Zenith DVB318 upconverting DVD

I would love some suggestions on mounting the speakers, running the wire, ideas for a rack system for the components, an a DVD storage rack as well, i have a rather large collection of dvds.

One end of the LR is an entrace into the hall way that goes to the front door, an bedrooms of the house. At the other end is a door to the kitchen area.

Quotes from
    The Matrix Reloaded

Merovingian: I love French wine, like I the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk. I love it.

http://www.myspace.com/bamaredwingsfan19

• David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Jason, let me ask a couple of questions before getting started. Do you have a WAF (wife acceptance factor) to deal with or do you have free reign? Are you willing to stir up some sheetrock dust?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• bamaredwingsfan
      • Dec 2004

I have absolute control, im the crim de la crim of the house hold. My girlfriend in a movie freak like me too :T yes im not afraid to get dirty to do it right.
      Quotes from
      The Matrix Reloaded

Merovingian: I love French wine, like I the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk. I love it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'd move the side speakers so that they were inline with the couch...that will mean moving the couch a little forward so that you can get the side speaker between the windows if possible.

Comment

• bamaredwingsfan
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
          I'd move the side speakers so that they were inline with the couch...that will mean moving the couch a little forward so that you can get the side speaker between the windows if possible.

That plan that i drew up is just an idea i got for the layout of the furnature, i really won't know where everything will go till i get it all in the room an see how it looks in different parts of the room. I do know for sure that the TV will be where i have it on the diagram, an there will be a fireplace built in the opposite end of the room on day, but not this year anyway. I plan to take an run all my wiring under the floor or ceiling what ever is most applicable when i get down to running the wiring. I want to do as professional a job as i can.
          Quotes from
          The Matrix Reloaded

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"