New Paradigm Signature Speaker?

Does anyone know if Paradigm is planning to introduce another
    Signature speaker? I'm thinking something between the S4 and
    the S8, like an S6 for example?

Thanks
    Greg
  • Juan Cortez
    • May 2003

I ask Paradigm this question, and Gary said so far he is not aware of any plans on making a speaker in between the S4 and S8. I think they probably will in the future because there is a big gap between the S4 and S8 to fill. If they do it will probably be a floorstanding speaker like the Studio 60.
    Jason

Comment

• GregLett
      • May 2005

Thanks Juan. That's what I would guess. I would really like a Signature floor stander, but the S8 is a little out of reach for me.
      Greg

Comment

• GregLett
        • May 2005

Does anyone out there have a picture of the Paradigm S4 in piano black?
        Greg

Comment

• LEVESQUE
          • Oct 2002

Greg.

I found those pics of the S8, C3 and ADP in the awesome piano black finish. Those are the speakers of hifisponge, an AVS member.

A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Hope this will help you.
          To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• maddog
            • Oct 2003

There's a rumor over on the AVS forum that Paradigm is about to release a V. 2 of the Signatures. I have no idea if there's any truth to it or not.

Comment

• Juan Cortez
              • May 2003

From what I have read on that link, Paradigm will no longer be offering the rosewood finish for the Sigs because it costs to much. From the looks of it its not a new version.
              Jason

Comment

• maddog
                • Oct 2003

In that thread, the post by Magnepan states

"They're blowing them out before the Sig V2 are announced. "

As I stated earlier, I have no idea if there is any truth to it.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                  • Oct 2002

I've checked with Paradigm and they told me they will no longer offer the rosewood finish, and that's all.

A v2 version is coming, and they were already working on it the day the Signature v1 came out, like every company out there. But we don't know when...
                  To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• GregLett
                    • May 2005

Thanks guys! I love the Piano black S8 dam!! it looks good. The wife would have no problem with that one.
                    Greg

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Hibbing
                      V2 are ready to go as are the S6. I have the brochure.
                      Interesting. Do you have any info on any changes between the v1 and v2?

Comment

• GregLett
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by Hibbing
                        V2 are ready to go as are the S6. I have the brochure.

Hibbing,

How can I get my hands on that brochure?
                        Greg

Comment

• yride
                          • Jul 2006

Paradigm Signature V2

A year has passed - anyone got any news about Paradigm Signature V2?

Comment

• IntegrateMe
                            • May 2004

My Paradigm/Anthem was in less than 2 months ago and he made no mention of V2.

However, the S1 and In-Wall Sig series speakers are coming soon!

Comment

• GregLett
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by IntegrateMe
                              My Paradigm/Anthem was in less than 2 months ago and he made no mention of V2.

However, the S1 and In-Wall Sig series speakers are coming soon!

In wall sigs??? S1???
                              Greg

Comment

• Nick M
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Nov 2004

I found a couple shots of the new Signature Series speakers, along with the S6. I'm looking at a pair of S4's, but not quite sure when the V2's are coming out. Any news here yet? Looks like a vastly different tweeter.

~Nick

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                                  • May 2003

Ya Nick, those S6's are looking particularly nice.
                                  I've been following the AVS thread, as well.
                                  I'm not sure what kind of difference the new Berylium Tweeter will have over the old G-PAL tweeter. I just demo'd a S8/C5/ADP setup last week, and can't imagine it getting much better.
                                  I'll be keeping an eye out for the new S2's just to see what they have to offer.
                                  "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
                                  -Dark Helmet

Comment

• GregLett
                                    • May 2005

Yes! Yes! Yes! arty: I've been waiting!
                                    Greg

Comment

• Nick M
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Nov 2004

The S4's are the best monitors I've ever auditioned. I'm caught in a pickle here though. If I buy the V.1's and then I listen to the V.2's and like them better, I'll feel like taking a hammer to my forehead. Or if I wait until the V.1's are blown out and then listen to the V.2's and find I don't like them as much - again, I will feel like taking a hammer to my forehead. :lol:

Hopefully the V.2's will come out soon so I can listen to them. Or maybe with this knowledge I can get a serious discount at my dealer on a pair of the V.1's.

Hopefully I'll be picking up a pair of S4's next month.
                                      ~Nick

Comment

• GregLett
                                        • May 2005

I would wait until the V2 comes out, listen and decide. I wanted floor standers, but the S8 was a bit too much. The S6 should fit the bill.
                                        Greg

Comment

• Nick M
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • Nov 2004

I can normally get 15-20% off MSRP at my dealer. Armed with the knowledge of the V.2's, I may be able to get even more. I eMailed them the other day for MSRP quotes, and I got the following...

Signature S4's in Bird's Eye Maple - US$3,200
                                          Premier J-23 Stands - US$350

So US$3550 MSRP.
                                          +5% Sales Tax
                                          ~US$3725

Paradigm doesn't allow discounted prices to be offered online or over the phone, so I will have to go down and get the bottom-line offer.

But I figure 15-20% discount minimum (I got 20% on my Rotel Amp).
                                          If I can get 30% on a blowout sale I'll buy V.1's and not wait. :T
                                          ~Nick

Comment

• RebelMan
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • Mar 2005

It's about time they filled the gap between the S4 and the S8. I thought the S2 was incredible for a two-way box monitor. Although the S4 was less boxy sounding than the S2 it seemed a little too flat in the bass for my tastes and the S8 was too expensive at the time. Hopefully, the S6 addresses both of these issues.

Thanks for the pic Nick! :T
                                            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Nick M
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Nov 2004

I want to get a pair of S4's and eventually cross them over around 60-80Hz with a pair of Digital Drive subs in stereo. My room just isn't big enough to get clean bass out of towers, and I always want more depth than even the biggest towers are capable of. I need to equalize the stuff below 80Hz to prevent room induced peaks. The S4's seem to have a bit cleaner mid-range to me over the S2's. They'll be flying solo until I can pinch enough pennies for the subs... maybe next summer. I love those servo-controlled equalized digital drives... but the prices! 8O

My aim is...

Rotel RC-1070 Analog Preamp (Picked one of these up already)
                                              Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
                                              Rotel RB-1080 200Wx2 Amplifier
                                              Paradigm Signature S4 in Birdseye Maple (x2)
                                              Premier J-23 Stands (x2)
                                              Velodyne Digital Drive 15's (x2)

I need to compare a pair of DD12's with a pair of DD15's. I like infrasonics for pipe-organs and occassional electronica, so I need something that has no problem hitting into the teens while having very little distortion in the 20-100Hz range at high SPL's. My room is less than 1800 cubic feet, but I learned that I needed alot more subbage than I thought when I put my home theater together. I also need to find out if I can recognize any signal degredation when passing the signal through the subs before it reaches the monitors since they will be hooked up in stereo.
                                              ~Nick

Comment

• GregLett
                                                • May 2005

[QUOTE=
                                                My aim is...

Rotel RC-1070 Analog Preamp (Picked one of these up already)
                                                Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
                                                Rotel RB-1080 200Wx2 Amplifier
                                                Paradigm Signature S4 in Birdseye Maple (x2)
                                                Premier J-23 Stands (x2)
                                                Velodyne Digital Drive 15's (x2)

That's a Nice system. I owned the same gear except I had
                                                the RC-1090 pre, and the S2, no sub. I wanted more
                                                bass, couldn't get a sub (WAF) so I went to the XT4.
                                                Greg

Comment

• Nick M
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Nov 2004

It's a refinement of everything I've auditioned and learned, within a budget that is feasible for me and placed under the constraints of my room.

...I'm hoping it will whoopticate all my expectations. :T
                                                  ~Nick

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Jan 2006

Boy Nick, that should be one ‘respectable’ 2ch system!
                                                    But where is the TT??

I'm joking about the TT of course.......sort of........
                                                    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                                                    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Nick M
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • Nov 2004

Went down to my local hifi shop and listed to the Version 1 S4's again. I also wanted to try the Thiel PCS monitors as I loved the CS2.4's (the PCS's actually kinda sucked).

They offered me the floor model S4's in birdseye maple with stands for $2450, but there were two big gouges in the finish. I asked about pricing for a new pair, and they said Paradigm is no longer filling orders for the Signature Series, as the Version 2's are set to be released. I asked how long, and he told me that Paradigmn doesn't say - the shop puts in an order, and when they show they show. I imagine with the loss of sales they're currently experiencing it can't be too much longer. I left my number and told them to call me as soon as they come in.

The sales guy said the new Signature beryllium tweet is going to be a bit softer, similar to the B&W Diamond Tweets. Man, I hope they sound as clear as the Version 1 tweet or I'll be heartbroken! The sales guy said there will also likely be a price increase due to the more expensive tweeter and general inflation. I may end up scrounging the used market for a flawless pair of S4's in birdseye if the Version 2's turn out to suck.

*Fingers Crossed!*
                                                      ~Nick

Comment

• DL86
                                                        • Sep 2005

Now why would paradigm make a worse sounding speaker? If the tweeter is made of beryllium then it has to be good! considering it is the same material used in the worlds best sounding speakers the JM labs focal grand utopia BE.

Comment

• Nick M
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • Nov 2004

I'm just hoping they don't change the character of the highs too much. I like the crisp quality of the signatures that sounds so clean and transparent. I hope they don't rub'em down with butter like the B&Ws.

I hate waiting too... :lol:
                                                          ~Nick

Comment

• GregLett
                                                            • May 2005

I emailed Paradigm about the release date. They said early 07..humm could be more like mid 07. I will speak to my dealer soon to see if he has any further info.
                                                            Greg

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by GregLett
                                                              I emailed Paradigm about the release date. They said early 07..humm could be more like mid 07. I will speak to my dealer soon to see if he has any further info.
                                                              I suspect you will get more reliable info at CES. The ones shown at CEDIA were clearly prototypes and not even preproduction samples, afaik.

Kal
                                                              Kal Rubinson
                                                              _______________________________
                                                              "Music in the Round"
                                                              Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                              http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• GregLett
                                                                • May 2005

When where is CES this time around?
                                                                Greg

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by GregLett
                                                                  When where is CES this time around?
                                                                  Las Vegas, as usual, and January 7-12, 2007.

Kal
                                                                  Kal Rubinson
                                                                  _______________________________
                                                                  "Music in the Round"
                                                                  Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                                  http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• Nick M
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • Nov 2004

Talked to a local hifi shop...
                                                                    The owner just got in all the new info, and is going out to dinner with a Paradigm Rep next week.

1. Signature Version 2's will ship mid-November.
                                                                    2. The price is going up 12.5% due to the new Beryllium Tweeter & inflation.

(US$3200-$3600 for S4 - depending on finish.)

Damn. I'm getting by right now with $75 Sony Boombox. I can't friggen' take it... 8O :lol:
                                                                    ~Nick

Comment

• GregLett
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2005

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                                                                      Talked to a local hifi shop...
                                                                      The owner just got in all the new info, and is going out to dinner with a Paradigm Rep next week.

1. Signature Version 2's will ship mid-November.
                                                                      2. The price is going up 12.5% due to the new Beryllium Tweeter & inflation.

(US$3200-$3600 for S4 - depending on finish.)

Damn. I'm getting by right now with $75 Sony Boombox. I can't friggen' take it... 8O :lol:
                                                                      USD $4500 for the S6. My guys says 1st quarter 07

Well at least I have a pair of XT4's to get by with
                                                                      Greg

Comment

• Nick M
                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                        • Nov 2004

Yeah, I sure hope they get 'em before January! :lol:
                                                                        I still need a RB-1080 and RCD-1072 (I have the RC-1070) before I can use 'em anyways... :lol:

I guess I'll have to work some OT... :java:

I saw a pair of cherry S4's, and I think I'm going to go cherry rather than birdseye maple. It'll save me some cash too.
                                                                        ~Nick

Comment

• Nick M
                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                          • Nov 2004
                                                                          • 5959

Mid-November for the new Signature Line... :|

My local hifi dealer went to dinner with a Paradigm Rep and got some detailed information. Apparently the Beryllium Tweeter isn't the only new driver - the mid-range is now going to be constructed from metal (aluminum I assume).

I'm dying to hear these... :lol:
                                                                          Have all the clams stashed, just waiting for Paradigm to get friggen' building!
                                                                          ~Nick

Comment

• GregLett
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • May 2005
                                                                            • 753

With all those changes, I sure hope I like the sound. If all else fails
                                                                            I could buy the original version.
                                                                            Greg

Comment

• Nick M
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • Nov 2004
                                                                              • 5959

#39
                                                                              I'm hoping I like them too!
                                                                              They aren't taking any more orders for the Version 1's, so if I don't like the Version 2's I will have to find a perfect floor model or used units from a private party.

Actually, if you look at the picture I posted on the previous page you can actually see that the midrange is shiny and metallic. The mid-bass is still the same composite poly unit.
                                                                              ~Nick

Comment

• Nick M
                                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                • Nov 2004
                                                                                • 5959

#40
                                                                                Well, I made a few offers on some Version 1 signature gear. I planned on getting Version 2 S4's (and stil may), but I made offers on three different pairs of Version 1 Signature S8's. It's more than I need (I'll eventually be crossing my speakers over around 60Hz with some DD subs), but they will be a much better interim solution until I can afford the expensive Velodynes.

Oddly, I can't find a single pair of Version 1 S4's for sale on the net. I see S2's and S8's all over the place, but no S4's...

Anyhoo, I'll see how it goes. I'll be happy either way (V.1 S8's or V.2 S4's).
                                                                                ~Nick

Comment

• Nick M
                                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2004
                                                                                  • 5959

#41
                                                                                  Ooh, I might be getting a pair of mint Version 1 S4's in ultra-rare Rosewood!
                                                                                  I'm going to check them out in person on Tuesday. If they're all they say they are they'll be in my living room Tuesday afternoon. h:

I took a listen to some Diamond B&W's today again. If this is the direction Paradigm is going with Beryllium I don't want any part of it! Humbug! I love the way strings and brass sound with that ultra-sharp metal dome tweet in the current Signatures. Some say a bit-bright, but I love that detail.

If I get these, I'll also be picking up a new Rotel RB-1080 with the money I save over purchasing new Version 2's. Then I just need to pick up an RCD-1072 to team with my RC-1070/RB-1080.
                                                                                  ~Nick

Comment

• GregLett
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2005
                                                                                    • 753

#42
                                                                                    Sounds great! I sold my XT4's today to make room for the Paradigms. A good tube pre tames the high's That's why I wen that route. I do hope the new tweets aren't to forward. Anyway I will compare the S6 and the Thiel 2.4 at my dealer just to be sure. The only thing with the thiel is that you need a powerful
                                                                                    amp to make them sound their best.
                                                                                    Greg

Comment

• Nick M
                                                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                      • Nov 2004
                                                                                      • 5959

#43
                                                                                      HA! The Thiel 2.4 is my absolute favorite tower! If I had the room to let the lower frequencies breath they would without a doubt be the speaker I'd own. I tried the PCS monitors by Thiel, but felt they didn't come close to the 2.4's (not just low-frequency extension either).

I actually like the slightly forward sound of the metal-dome Signature Version 1's tweet. Apparently Paradigm is looking to knock them into the backseat a bit similar to how B&W's Diamond tweet sounds. To me - the saxophone, guitar, cymbals, and piano sound amazing with a metal-dome tweet. They are certainly emphasized a bit, but small details in the recordings seem to come through better than with the laid-back (some say neutral) sounding B&W Diamond tweets. I guess thats just a personal preference - but thats pretty much what all these things are at this price level.

Glad to hear you're ready for the Signature gear soon too!
                                                                                      I'm not a tube guy either. I like the crisp sound of solid state with my crisp tweeters... :lol:

I think one of the reasons I love the Thiel CS-2.4's so much is the tweeter in the hybrid tweet/midrange they use. It's metal. :T
                                                                                      Last edited by Nick M; 15 October 2006, 20:43 Sunday.
                                                                                      ~Nick

Comment

• GregLett
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • May 2005
                                                                                        • 753

#44
                                                                                        My dealer has been behind me for years to get a pair, but WAF factors stopped that. The S8 was way too big and expensive so I started with the S2. Now since the S6 and the 2.4 are in the same price range I owe it to myself to hear them in an A/B audition. Deep down I hope the S6 wins
                                                                                        Greg

Comment

• Nick M
                                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                          • Nov 2004
                                                                                          • 5959

#45
                                                                                          Man, I would go the Thiel CS2.4's without question if I had the room. My problem is that my room doesn't allow enough distance around them - they need to be at least 2' from the walls. The CS2.4's also have to be a good 8-9' away from the primary seat for the drivers to blend properly. It's too bad the PCS monitors don't sound as good. My dealer also told me that they have had multiple problems with the mid-bass driver in the PCS monitors getting blown.

To me the Paradigm Signatures are next best - and offer the best monitors I've ever heard (S2 & S4). Personally I think the S4's are even more clear than the S2's in the midrange, especially at high SPLs. I think the S2's can get a little congested when their single 7" midrange trys to pull double duty. That extra 7" mid-bass takes a huge load off the midrange, allowing it to deal the mids with much less workload. The S8's take it a step further allowing the mid-bass drivers to go a bit deeper with less distortion.

Honestly, I plan to cross over the S4s around 60-80Hz once I scrape enough money for a couple Velodyne Digital Drives. I like that soul-moving bass around 15-25Hz that pipe organs belt out. I'm also sensitive to poor bass. Equalization of the 30-80Hz range is an absolute must for me, which is another reason towers are really not an option (in my case). It would truely be a waste of money for me to get CS 2.4's or S8's and then cross them at 60-80Hz. The S4's actually have enough low-end to keep me happy until I can swing the DD's. On the other hand, the S2's sound quite anemic, especially with drums. Auditioning them, I found myself turning the volume up trying to get a bit more lower end that you can faintly hear trailing off, but then the high SPL's start jumbling the midrange a bit. The S4's can't come anywhere close to doing pipe organs justice, but they can handle most of the drums ok, except for kettles and such.

Anyhoo, I'm just hoping the Rosewood cabinets on these S4 V.1's are flawless or near-flawless. My hifi shop is having them shipped from their main location to the satellite location that I normally visit. Should get there tomorrow night, and I'm going to go take a look Tuesday morning. The guy in Boston said they are relatively new floor models that are in amazing shape. *Fingers crossed*
                                                                                          ~Nick

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          😀
                                                                                          😂
                                                                                          🥰
                                                                                          😘
                                                                                          🤢
                                                                                          😎
                                                                                          😞
                                                                                          😡
                                                                                          👍
                                                                                          👎
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"