X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GetLance
    • Apr 2005

Movie Poster Information

Just wanted to clarify some older posts about Movie Posters. Virtually all modern "Double Sided" posters, specifically the "1 Sheet" size (either 27" x 40" or 27" x 41"), were not made for viewing from both sides, as the poster image is reversed on the back. This is done so that when viewing in a back lit "light box" device (Poster Case, Poster Marquee, etc.) the colors and contrast are enhanced. For me, back lighting is the only proper way to display and view a Movie Poster, as the artist that created the poster intended them to be displayed this way.

For my money, the only authentic Movie Poster is this "Double Sided 1 Sheet", because this is the official poster created by the Movie Studios for use in Movie Theaters. Technically, these are trademarked properties that are only for the theaters use, but a secondary market has developed and arrangements have been made by merchants to aquire and re-sell these. I would not collect any movie poster that is not an original "DS 1 Sheet" - the real thing!
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Hi Lance, Welcome...

Sounds like you are "in the business" with posters and whatnot. Posters do give the Home Theatre an old movie theatre look for sure.
    ......Pat

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Thanks for the clarification on the two sided use. I would like to add to that though that even though for a collectability standpoint, only the original theatrical poster releases are truly the most collectible, that does not mean you can't enjoy posters that are knock offs or single sided sheets from a purely asthetic purpose. It's also the only way we can enjoy some posters today that are reprints or otherwise knock offs. There also can be posters designed purely for the video market, or international market with collectible value. So, while your right on a purity of collectibility values, there's still a lot of enjoyment to be had from any quality printed movie poster.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Adz
        • Jan 2004

Do you have a good website to order the Double Sided 1 Sheet?
        Adz

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Adz, I also popped a prior thread to the top with my own discussion giving a few sites listed.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"