X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Ribs on the Bar-b.....

When you live in Toronto and hear the weather report for a Sunday in April to hit 18 degrees C..........you can only think of one thing and one thing only

BAR-B-Q time!!!! :T

So on Saturday I went to the butchers picked up 6 racks o' ribs then to the grocers for some yukon golds, plantains, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes and zucchinis.

I cleaned up the ribs then rubbed on a mixture of onion powder, seasoning salt, black pepper, basil and rosemarie to 1 part flour......rubbed it all over the ribs I covered it and allowed it to sit for an hour in the fridge. After the hour I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees F. Poured some ketchup and honey garlic sauce on each rib then poured some water in the pan enough to just cover the ribs, re-covered (Foil) the pan and placed it in the oven for about one hour. (To test you should be able to tear the meat with enough ease). When done you can cut them into servings. I usually freeze at this time what I don't need to bar-b that day.

I'd recomend warming up the ribs (if cold) either in the micro or just on the top racks of the bar-b then move to the hot bars. Finish with your favourite rib sauce.

I just cut and partially blanched the peppers and zucchinis. I fully cooked the potatoes, cut the ends off the Plantains then I cut them and the tomatoes in half. The plantains (still in their skins) Placed them on the grill and roasted them followed by the potatoes and the other vegetables which I just put some grill marks on. (The toms, zukes and peps season with salt and pepper while grilling). I then took some Balsamic vinager and true Olive Oil gathered only the tomatoes, zucchinis and the peppers in a bowl while still warm and marinated them with the oil and vinager. NOTE: If you have some fresh spriggs of Rosemarie and fresh thyme you can lightly grill them and place in the bowl too! Hmmm, nice smell

Heineken or Wine you choose but that made for a great Sunday afternoon :T
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

As I sit here looking at my Monday lunch of bologna sandwiches and Fritos. . . . :

Sounds like a recipe I've got to try, Uncle. Thanks.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Sounds delicious Clive! Could you come down here and fix them for me like that?

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

You handle the beer and plane tickets................... I'll cook.
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Beer? Shoot, in Tennessee you should have Lex drag out some of that hundred-year-old sour mash. :drinker:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"