X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PiDD
    • Aug 2003

Acoustic Treatments

Hey All,

After a lot of reading and all of your help I am one step closer to finishing the room.

I have put 3" treatments at the first reflection spots and 6" in the front corners. The new sound is great... the biggest change is controlled bass and tighter mids /highs? Did others get the same results?

Here are some pics (we all like pics!)
    Attached Files
  • basementjack
    • Dec 2004

Hey those look great! Wow your room and your equipment have come such a long way!

Did you make the panels yourself? If so, what materials did you end up using?

- Jack

Comment

• PiDD
      • Aug 2003

Thanks Jack,

Yeah the room is coming along... all I need now is a sub before upgrade itis kicks in!

This project was a complete DIY .. the insulation used was the acoustic ceiling tiles from Home Depot.. stacked 6 deep for the first reflections and 10 deep for the bass traps. All the frames are made from MDF and are 2' x 2'. It was a fun project minus all the itching ripping the white plastic off most of the ceiling tiles! :E

Comment

• ktaillon
        • Jun 2004

Nice job!!! I'm just starting to build a Audio/Video room in the basement (long way to go).

I just wanted to know what kind of lights are on the audio rack shelves? I like the look..

Comment

• PiDD
          • Aug 2003

Thanks!

I used glass shelves with 12v super bright LED's taped to the back of them. The Glass has a dry sanded front to spread the light. Its all powered with an old PC power supply.

Comment

• DelRay
            • Jun 2004

Very nice! Super clean job all around. I also like the lighted shelves. I will be redoing my equipment rack soon. I might try something like that.

Comment

• ekkoville
              • Aug 2004

PiDD, are you running 7.1 or 5.1 there. Where did you place the surround speakers there, on the side wall? What brand speakers are you running also, the fronts look great from the pic.

Erik

Comment

• PiDD
                • Aug 2003

Thanks Guys!

I really like the shelves as well. Depending on your rack location make sure you can dim them. It takes away from the scary movies when the shelves are on.

I have a 5.1 system for now. I have floor standing speakers for rears as well. The room is 12 x 40 and the rears speakers are about 7' behind the couch. Sounds great with DVDA's. In a couple years I will pick up the pieces for a 7.1 system.

The speakers are Onix Rockets 750's for the front and 550 for the rears. I should have done all 750's but LOVE the sound. Looking at the pics its funny 'cause I never have the covers on.

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Congrats PiDD! Looks great! :banana:
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"