X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roxus
    • Mar 2004

New speaker installation

I got 2 pair of Earthquake Image-846's for my surrounds this week from Jim @ NextLevel AV, and I just finished installing one pair today, and I'm blown away (literally).

The first thing on TV was The Rock, and I powered on the amp just as the missile carrying VX gas was fired at the football game. The sound as it flew by was awesome.

Later this evening, I watched Master and Commander, and I could hear the ship creaking beautifully. And the scene with them rounding Cape Horn - weather all around me

Right now, I'm watching Dragon - The Bruce Lee Story, and they just cheered at his showing of his film @ the Hong Kong theater, and all the hands clapping sounded like a rainstorm all around me.

I can't wait to install the surround-back's tomorrow (and get rid of my puny Energy speakers), and of course, next is going to have to be some decent fronts, becoz these 846's are sometimes overpowering the fronts (I haven't adjusted the setup on my Onkyo TX-SR800 yet, I have to get my SPL meter from work)

But here's a new tip for those building their own HT with staggered studs!
    If you plan on installing in-wall speakers, make sure there is enough room for the speakers to be installed and still clear the studs. I'm going to have to get a chisel and gouge out 0.5" from the studs coz these speakers are 3.75" deep, and of course, a 2x4 stud is 3.5" deep

Dragon just finished, and it's midnight...what else can I watch now ....

• drei
    • Mar 2005

hi!i'm new to the furom...i hope you could help me!!

how is a bridge-mono amp configured?
    also a parallel-mono amp?
    i have trouble finding info on this...
    can you help me with this...with diagrams if avaiable...plzzz tnx

Comment

• Roxus
      • Mar 2004

If you plan on installing in-wall speakers, make sure there is enough room for the speakers to be installed and still clear the studs. I'm going to have to get a chisel and gouge out 0.5" from the studs coz these speakers are 3.75" deep, and of course, a 2x4 stud is 3.5" deep
      Boy, am I a dunderhead.
      Of course, it's not the size of a stud that caused this, it was the extension to the base with a 2x2, 0.5" of expansion material, and 2 sheets of 5/8" sheetrock (1.5 + 0.5 + 1.25 == 3.25")

ops:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"