X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norma_S
    • Sep 2004

IR Transparent Plastic or Glass Suggestions

I’m building a black fabric-covered panel (will look like a large speaker grille) to place in front of a piece of AV equipment but which will block it’s IR sensor. I don’t really want to go the path of IR repeater, connecting block, etc. I was thinking of going the low-tech (cheap) route of simply making an opening in the panel over the location of the IR sensor and then placing a dark/tinted piece of IR transparent glass or plastic behind it. The opening will need to be approximately 1-1½“ x 2-2½”.

Does anyone know what and where to get a small piece of this sort of material? It needs to be dark so it will blend in with the entire panel and look like an integrated design feature.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Norma
  • Uncle Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Be careful about tinting a piece of glass it may act as a deflector than allowing IR signals to pass through. If you are placing glass close to or in an enclosed area with dark background, it should still appear dark. IMO
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"