X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siberian
    • Dec 2004

In-ceiling speaker placement

Hi all, nothing to intense here, just finishing up my dual-purpose office/hang out room and am looking at putting in a pair if Definitive Technology UIWBP/A speakers for rear-channel/music listening. The front will be (flamesuit on) my old Bose Accoustimass cubes from years ago, gotta save money somewhere and I'm already into my distributed A/V wiring for around $2500.

The main question is, whats the best placement for these rear speakers, looking more for some sort of formula I can use in their placement or, failing that, some general advice. My current plan is to put them about 2 feet off each wall in the corners.

The speakers will be in these two corners:

TV will be near where the photo was taken from so you can get an idea of the setup. Not looking for perfection, I just want to avoid any major pitfalls. I know its not the best orientation but this room is primarily an office that we will watch movies in, hang out etc.

Thanks folks!

Also, pics of my A/V distro wiring at:

John-
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

John, lacking better information, I'd go with placement like that of standard surrounds (somewhat similar to what you are looking at). Specifically, 2 feet of clearance from the back wall and at least that from the side walls. You won't get the best soundstage from recessed units (wall or ceiling), but like you said, it's "primarily an office". Hopefully your speakers have steerable tweeters...?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"