X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MLFan
    • Nov 2004

Let's see some Cool HT Pics

Hi Guys,
    I will be building a house in the near future and will have the luxury of designing my home theater from the ground up. I'd like to see some HT pics that you guys thought were pretty nice. I'm just trying to get some ideas on things I could implement in my own HT.

Also, I've got this idea and would like to see what you guys think about it. I want my components to be flush mounted with my front wall (under the screen). I thought a pretty innovative way to do this and still allow access to the back of my components is to have a false wall in the front. And for access to the ~3ft. space between the real and false wall I will have doors on both sides of the screen that appear to be cabinet doors.

Think something like this, but where the components are in this HT, those will be my access doors.

• Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The false wall similar to what I have in my HT only my "wall" isn't solid but cloth. The advantage the cloth has is that the speakers still get the area behind them to breath and image properly where a solid wall doesn't. In the design above with the front three speakers being placed so close to each other the imaging it would have would be severly limited and pretty much only suitable for movies (even then I'd want my mains further apart). Regardless hee's what my room looks like. With a larger budget I'm sure you could make it look very fancy and at some point I might build a more solid frame around my TV as well to help keep the kid(s) from crawling behind the TV all the time (its a favorite hiding place!)

Comment

• mcascio
      • Oct 2004

MLfan,

I've collected quite a few photos and placed them in our Home Theater of the Month gallery. (haven't been able to keep up with it as much as I liked).

LINK REMOVED - please refer to the HTGuide Rules and Policies which state:
      You may not use the HTGuide Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors without permission from the Administrator. This includes direct posts, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet. Direct all such requests through the Administrative forum.

It sounds like you'll have cabinet doors on the front. Which isn't a bad idea as you probably won't want to see all the component lights. Just plan for a way to get IR to the components if necessary.
      Last edited by Burke Strickland; 05 December 2004, 02:42 Sunday. Reason: OK to post your HT photos here, or link to a personal photo album site, but cannot allow links to a commercial sales site without prior management approval.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"